Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Monday Westerly - JWSP

Windsurfing shop talk

by Chris Klohn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:15 am

Hey Guys,

Almost all of Juan de Fuca Strait is blowing 35-50 knots right now. Windy in the western and central strait since midnight. Swell should be insane at JWSP.

It just switched West at 0500 at Ault Field and jumped from 6 knots to 27 Gusting 38 in the last hour. Much more wind to come just west of JWSP. Race Rocks is gusting to 51 right now.

The forecast has solid Gales now through mid afternoon with nothing backing off until late afternoon. The winds are continuing to build as we speak. Looks like a logo to mast high 3.2-3.7 day of wave sailing for the local guys.

I'll report any text messages I get from the Washington locals I met on a few trips that all called in sick today. Looks crazy windy up North too. Perfect Point Roberts day in store it seems. Fun meters should be pegged today :D

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by Chris Klohn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 am

Hey Guys,

Just got a text from my friend at JWSP. It's really backed off down there. He went from 3.7 to 4.2 to 5.2 and is powered on a 5.7 now. The waves are 5-8 feet and the swell 6-9 feet. The wind is coming through in waves but backed off huge from this morning. Looks like Point Roberts is the place to be.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by Chris Klohn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Hey Guys,

Just got an email from one of the Washington locals. He started out on 3.7 for an hour then rigged up quickly as the wind backed off. He ended up sailing a 5.7 and 90 litre quad the whole day. Waves and swell started off overhead then backed off to 2-4 feet for the rest of the day. He said he wished he would have driven to Cherry Point to sail the NW instead of JWSP. Looks like Point Bob had better wind and wave conditions.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

Return to Windsurfing