Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Long Beach/SC April 2017 Video

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:53 am

Adrian L wrote:thanks!
super rad! was loads of fun out there!
i think i have a new addiction...
waves!

WAVES!! :o Ya thanks Adrian for reminding me! I edited this video together in the spring but got sidetracked, your video inspired me to finish it off. :D This was from a few days in April at Long Beach and South Chestermans.

Michael

by Adrian L » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:51 am

Wicked!!!! Looks great! And waves! not crumbling swell either... ;)
You know, I've only once sailed at SC before, landing on a surf weekend we booked. SSE, absolutely cranked, and not great by any means...I've made a few ventures out from our cabin, we stay at, out that way, but never had a chance at scoring a good NW. looks super fun man! Hope to
join in on a day like that myself one of these days...
Great stuff!
Adrian L

by Alton » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:03 am

Awesome. Those waves looks super fun ... and not too intimidating
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:07 am

Alton wrote:Awesome. Those waves looks super fun ... and not too intimidating

There's probably cell service too.
LeopardSkin

by Michael » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:50 am

Adrian L wrote:Hope to join in on a day like that myself one of these days...
Great stuff!

Ya man, it can be an amazing place, it's just hard to line things up there with the wind and waves. Can't wait to score another day there myself!

Alton wrote:Awesome. Those waves looks super fun ... and not too intimidating

Looks can be deceiving, especially with gopro video. The wave that 1:06 was a punishing logo high monster, leaving me without gear and a 10 minute swim. It held me down for what seemed minutes and at one point I actually was scared trying to get back to the beach. I got another 4 waves on the head and I couldn't swim in all the white water and current. The waves at Chestermans were smaller depending on the day but Dave's photos really show what they were like. One wave smashed me into the sand breaking the nose of my board and Dave broke a mast. Less intimidating than the Oregon Coast but sometimes that lulls you into a false sense of security. :o

Thanks again for the photos Dave, it's great to look back at these!

C36 wrote:Image

Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
Michael

by AdrienGrelon » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Nice throwback vid, Michael! I was just on that side this past weekend and scored a pretty nice port tack DTL session at North Chestermans on Friday, with steady (for NC standards) SSE wind, 5.2m + 97l Reactor. Always enough power to get out easily and almost enough to plane on the outside, which was a change for what I've sailed there in the past. The extra 17l of float didn't hurt, either!

Waves weren't quite as good as the ones I got there 2 Aprils ago, but still a fun session. Bring on the SOC sessions!!!
AdrienGrelon

by C36 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:52 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:Nice throwback vid, Michael!...

Nice work M! Fun couple of days in Tuff for sure, but does seem like a long time ago ~

To my eye it looks like 0:00-1:47 is LB (April 1) and 1:48-4:42 is SC (April 2). Links to the Long Beach gallery are below (in case anyone wants to see shots of the conditions on that day too).

Long Beach, April 1, 2017

Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
C36

by Michael » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:Nice throwback vid, Michael! I was just on that side this past weekend and scored a pretty nice port tack DTL session at North Chestermans on Friday, with steady (for NC standards) SSE wind, 5.2m + 97l Reactor. Always enough power to get out easily and almost enough to plane on the outside, which was a change for what I've sailed there in the past. The extra 17l of float didn't hurt, either!

Waves weren't quite as good as the ones I got there 2 Aprils ago, but still a fun session. Bring on the SOC sessions!!!

Thanks! It's a sweet place to sail when it all comes together, glad to hear you scored a session there. A bigger board helps for sure. Only a few times have I sailed my 80 there, the 102 is great for that place. The Reactor must be a fun board! We need some more wave sailing trips! :D
Michael

by Adrian L » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Great shots! yup next NW... :D
Adrian L

by Ryan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:14 pm

That looks great, I've only sailed at Chesterman's properly, and once there on a Southerly but there was not enough wind, would love to catch conditions like that.
Ryan

Next

Return to Windsurfing