Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Saturday Ebey - Monday JWSP Excellent Forecast

Windsurfing shop talk

by Chris Klohn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow afternoon is looking very, very good for a SE session at Ebey Landing. Both Admiralty Inlet and the East Entrance to Juan De Fuca are solid SE 20-30 in the afternoon. I would pay close attention to Smith and Oak Harbour. If they swing SE and start coming up get driving down there. Ebey is always windier with the shoreline "river" effect like Squamish out to about a mile. It might get stuck Easterly locally until late in the day with the forecast setup while it cranks SE at Ebey.

The second, potentially even better, day is on Monday. There's a very big onshore push forecast through Juan De Fuca. Low pressure inland plus high pressure building offshore. It's supposed to clock west and fire late Sunday night and all day Monday. This is one I would leave Sunday night and grab a hotel or start driving at 0600 Monday morning for.

I'll check all the actuals and keep posting in between work over here. We've got 35-50 knots forecast next week. Check out a Wind Guru Baku: http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=275757

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

Return to Windsurfing