Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Britannia - Porteau Cove Downwinder Saturday?

Windsurfing shop talk

by Chris Klohn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:12 am

Still 30 something gusting 40 something!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Klohn

by Alton » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Chris Klohn wrote:Hey Tony,

Bought an Ocean Rodeo Soul. Best money I ever spent. It's as light and comfy as gortex bib pants and a jacket and insanely warm. I tried an Ion Fuse but found it too heavy and bulky for me. I bought the Soul with the full stocking foot and it fits perfectly inside of my 5mm booties. Had it out in zero degrees and forty knots and never came close to getting cold.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris - Yesterday, I was toast warm in my O'Neill Pyrotech 5.5/4. Only problem was my finger tips. I use open palm mitts. What do you use?

Alton

by Chris Klohn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi Alton,

I had an O'Neil PyschoFreak 6/5/4 before buying the Ocean Rodeo Soul. IMHO no comparison between the two in terms of warmth. I had two SUP sessions on the South Thompson this December in -10 temps without factoring in the wind. Pretty awesome to SUP down a river gliding over the sand bars in the snow :D No need to worry about the deck freezing over without any spray.

I'm still not sold on the Soul in waves despite what the reviews say. It's a great suit for Nicola and Centennial type conditions but I will keep it away from waves at JWSP and the Coast for now until I see how it fairs after some hard crashes.

As for the mitts, I use Patagonia's R5 Lobster mitt. No arm pump and great for swimming after your gear in high wind conditions in Azerbaijan. I've also had these down to -10 without any problems. They are lined with Merino wool on the inside and are the warmest, functional, mitts I've used so far.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by Chris Klohn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Still North 32 gusting 40 at PamRocks. That's 49 consecutive hours where the wind has AVERAGED 29 knots or more.............awesome!

http://weather.gc.ca/marine/weatherCond ... tionID=WAS
Chris Klohn

Previous

Return to Windsurfing