Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Twawwassen ferry terminal paid off big-time

Windsurfing shop talk

by Brad W » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Great conditions was had with smooth waves and nice easy winds to start
The wind blue stronger and stronger from the southwest as the day went on .The tide came up and the waves came in bigger and bigger
Sailed from 230 to 4:45
Pleasure like that should've probably been behind closed doors
Brad W

by Alton » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Brad W wrote:Great conditions was had with smooth waves and nice easy winds to start
The wind blue stronger and stronger from the southwest as the day went on .The tide came up and the waves came in bigger and bigger
Sailed from 230 to 4:45
Pleasure like that should've probably been behind closed doors

On a TRUE South-West waves at the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal are awesome. Haven't seen them for a couple of years.
Alton

by Chris Klohn » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Sweet score guys!!!

The Terminal on a flood tide when it's starting off super low rocks. Were you getting a swell train running parallel to the beach down the deep channel? You pretty much ride straight DTL on starboard and then jump straight into the faces on port heading out. Stoked for both of you...........care to come down south on Thursday for the waves?

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by Michael » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Glad you scored today Brad, I was thinking about joining you after Alton and I went to Point Roberts but figured my body had had enough punishment for the day. Chris, Alton and I went to Crystal beach this afternoon to check it out. We went to the beach down South Beach Rd and there were some really nice waves but looked like a few rocks near the beach. We then hiked out to the cliff from the park parking lot above the point and looked down at the sand bar you were talking about. You could see waves breaking together in a V from either side of the bar but couldn't see a point break. Does the tide have to be really low? What is the best setup? There were some massive waves breaking way outside but it was farther around the point into Boundary Bay. Is there another place to launch other than Crystal Beach? We checked that out and all the private road, private beach signs turned us off.
Michael

by Bryanl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:13 pm

You can Launch from the End of South Beach Rd - It's Public Access - be careful & don't park between the Road & the Beach.
Big Rocks to the east - out about 200' so head straight out.
Bryanl

Return to Windsurfing