Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Maui windsurfing day 1

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:35 pm

Put together another video of Kanaha. Unfortunately I didn't get any footage of the last few days.
Michael

by C36 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:04 am

That picture of Honolua Bay looks insane!!!

Another awesome video M!
1:44 - :shock: Looks like you just about mowed the guy down on the SUP! Hope there was more room than it looked like. :D ;)
1:50 - :shock: Kiter on the foil short gybing/snaking the wave. :evil:

Looks like an awesome "slog n' go" day! :D
C36

by Ryancr500 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 pm

OK I'm going to fess up, I was in Maui as well. But with the family and wasn't really planning to windsurf. A good friend of mine called me up and said he had gear waiting for me. I found out he was missing some sails. Luckily his buddy, Jason Polakow offered his red bull sails to me.
We launched at Kuau, which was intimidating because the launch area is quite narrow. There is a 100 foot wide path between the rocks that you have to navigate. The waves were amazing, around 10ft high at a safe distance from the launch zone and the rocks. I spent most the time riding the swells clear of the break zone as I was worried about getting washed. The wind was a little light for the 4.8/80L so I figured safety was the best course of action. Trying to get back to shore is equally as scary as going out. The windsurfers leave a flag or a sail bag onshore to mark the launch position, but it's tough to see. I'm sure the locals have no problems! It was a really fun day on the water, and great to be out windsurflng in shorts.
Ryancr500

by ShonanDB » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Ryancr500 wrote:OK I'm going to fess up, I was in Maui as well. But with the family and wasn't really planning to windsurf. A good friend of mine called me up and said he had gear waiting for me. I found out he was missing some sails. Luckily his buddy, Jason Polakow offered his red bull sails to me.
We launched at Kuau, which was intimidating because the launch area is quite narrow. There is a 100 foot wide path between the rocks that you have to navigate. The waves were amazing, around 10ft high at a safe distance from the launch zone and the rocks. I spent most the time riding the swells clear of the break zone as I was worried about getting washed. The wind was a little light for the 4.8/80L so I figured safety was the best course of action. Trying to get back to shore is equally as scary as going out. The windsurfers leave a flag or a sail bag onshore to mark the launch position, but it's tough to see. I'm sure the locals have no problems! It was a really fun day on the water, and great to be out windsurflng in shorts.

No pics = didn't happen.......

Just joking. Sounds like a great trip!
ShonanDB

Previous

Return to Windsurfing