Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Point Roberts or Tsawwassen?

Windsurfing shop talk

by Alton » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Brian C wrote:...and why not Acadia? Looked good outside my window downtown too, although I was only judging by my view of flags not the water. Anybody score a "local" session?

Jericho sensor is down so didn't want to risk it. Anyway, I had a parcel at Point Roberts.

C36 wrote:A/M: :?: Why did you choose Ferry Terminal over Point Roberts - there was a mild flooding tide pushing against the wind starting at 12 noon, no?

From Michael's vantage in Tsawwassen, he saw white caps at the Ferry Terminal but none at Point Roberts.
Alton

by Michael » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:14 am

A/M: :?: Why did you choose Ferry Terminal over Point Roberts - there was a mild flooding tide pushing against the wind starting at 12 noon, no?

https://plus.google.com/107585332082290033707/about?gl=ca&hl=en

Dave, I was waiting around for the plumber when I saw the trees blowing so grabbed the binoculars and went up to this park by my house. From the lookout I can see up to Point Roberts and way out into the straight. There were no white caps up at PR but the Ferry Terminal was looking solid with a lot of wind behind it. That's why I chose the Terminal.
Also I noticed the last few sessions on a NW at PR if the wind doesn't fill in around the point you end up getting blown down around the corner and end up having to walk back.
If the wind is a solid 25+ and it fills in sailing the break on the point is great, like the last time I was there with Darrel. Also the tide needs to be low to get a good wave and when I arrived at the Terminal the tide was already very high.
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 11.59.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 11.59.27 PM.png (21.2 KiB) Viewed 6015 times

Today I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was or to last. If there had of been a better forecast I would of just headed to PR but I really wanted to score a session so went to were I saw wind. It probably filled in to PR later but the Terminal was a blast. Totally powered to over powered at times on the 5.8\110L, had fun chasing Alton around, made one really nice tack and got a few nice jumps in. Almost went for a forward today, started practicing my take off and should have just gone for it, I launched off a few nice swells and
had enough air but not enough guts to pull the trigger.
Michael

by babymama » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:24 am

Alton wrote:
babymama wrote:I am a proud employee, and not envious of people who go windsurfing or enjoy fresh powder. I dont care about those things, as I have dedicated my heart and soul to my work. I wish I could work during the weekends too.

Best,
A proud employee.

Maryam - hate to rub it in but I will.

Thu Jan 16, Fri Jan 17 - snowboarding at Cypress with Francis
Wed Jan 22 - snowboarding at Cypress with Clay, Cash and Jerry
Thu Jan 23, Fri Jan 24 - snowboarding at night with Tony, Rob and Marc
Mon Jan 27 - snowboarding at Cypress with Francis

Ok at least show off real snow...Not machine made white grain!!! :)
babymama

by C36 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:04 pm

M: Thabks for the explanation. It all makes sense! :D 8-) ;)
C36

Previous

Return to Windsurfing