Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

2016 Aloha Classic

Windsurfing shop talk

by LeopardSkin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:17 pm

LeopardSkin

by Michael » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Jimmie Hepp has some amazing photos from the contest and Jaws.
Check out his Facebook page for more... https://www.facebook.com/jimmie.hepp2?pnref=story

Michael

by bandito » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:42 pm

The wave riding wt power from the water on the board , the close contact of the sail to use the wind to accelerate mush sections and get back to start for another ride, even doing tricks, That make for real Wind Surfing and I will always consider it superior to Kite surfing(maybe not in a barrel). I remember in late 90s seen windsurfers from the gorge getting straight against face jumps at long beach Vancouver island, like 20+ feets!!! I never saw that again, unbelievable. of course Surfing without jet ski or sail is the purest form of all Board sports on water in my opinion. But waiting in a crowd of 40 people to get a wave in a set of only 7 (you better be ready to snake others n get frustrated wt so call locals n good surfer who snake on you,so you suppose to drop in anyway to claim the wave)made me quit surfing in general and adopt kiting in 2003 in Mexico Barra Nexpa , a superb point on South swell, from few feet to 3ple overhead. Now im to chicken n lazy to paddle for a double overhead....
bandito

Previous

Return to Windsurfing