Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

GoPro accessories what to get ?

Windsurfing shop talk

by mjamero » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:10 am

ezzylover wrote:Mark, if you or anyone wants cheaper accessories let me know , I know a guy.
same chest mount without the gopro logo on it $15
and he has a lot of other stuff except the flymount ......

G

Thanks Greg. I will certainly keep that in mind. Sounds like a deal to me. Cheers!
mjamero

by mjamero » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Michael wrote:...just got an over the shoulder mount but haven't tried it yet.

Hello Michael. Have you tried your shoulder mount yet? I was just looking at these on eBay. They are only 5 bucks and was thinking of ordering one (assuming the quality is OK and the filming angle works). I am curious if a shoulder mount or a chest mount would be better.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Shoulder-Chest-S ... SwEzxYbLbv

Michael wrote:For blasting around, bump and jump sailing I like the clewveiw.

Do you have your cam mounted directly on the clew using the flymount? Or, do you have some kind of pole or extension to get some distance and perspective?
mjamero

by Michael » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:15 pm

mjamero wrote:Hello Michael. Have you tried your shoulder mount yet?

No not yet, it's a real hassle to get it set up. You have to get it on over your harness so I'm going to modify it so it's permanently attached to my harness.

mjamero wrote:Do you have your cam mounted directly on the clew using the flymount? Or, do you have some kind of pole or extension to get some distance and perspective?

This is the clew view mount

I can't see the chest mount working very well as it would point the camera into your sail, unless it's for sup? If you can twist the camera on the shoulder mount to point ahead a bit it should work OK.
Michael

by mjamero » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:54 pm

That shoulder mount looks like a pretty serious contraption. :shock: Very different than what I saw on eBay. I would image it does take some time to set up. I would be curious what the shots look like. Probably one tack would be a great shot but, not so hot on the opposite tack.

The clew mount looks great! I will check that out in more detail.

Thanks for sharing!
mjamero

by mjamero » Tue May 16, 2017 9:29 am

Has anyone tried mounting a small Steadicam stabilizer to their boom for filming with a GoPro?

I already own a Flymount which is great but, I'm curious if would be possible to use an inexpensive stabilizer to smooth out the shots.

Thoughts?

Something like this maybe?
mjamero

by C36 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 pm

mjamero wrote:Hello Michael. Have you tried your shoulder mount yet?

Michael wrote:No not yet, it's a real hassle to get it set up. You have to get it on over your harness so I'm going to modify it so it's permanently attached to my harness.

mjamero wrote:Do you have your cam mounted directly on the clew using the flymount? Or, do you have some kind of pole or extension to get some distance and perspective?

Michael wrote:This is the clew view mount

I can't see the chest mount working very well as it would point the camera into your sail, unless it's for sup? If you can twist the camera on the shoulder mount to point ahead a bit it should work OK.

DavidM of Murray Fin Works used a DYI harness mount to shoot this video, but he is more creative/handy/skilled than the average cat. :D ;)

C36

Previous

Return to Windsurfing