Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

GoPro accessories what to get ?

Windsurfing shop talk

by ezzylover » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:59 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:Also: no classic rock for the soundtrack.

Gratuitous bikini shots recommended.

agree !

Mark, where did you get the flymount from ?
ezzylover

by Jerry » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Here's a video of board cam , helmet cam , clew cam and mast cam. the more cam angles the better . A selfie stick can do wonders but not for windsurfing.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqkUEGfz5EvEgZ53I0_2lqIEv4Kgqw
Jerry

by mjamero » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:36 pm

ezzylover wrote:Mark, where did you get the flymount from ?

Contact Flymount directly and speak with Chris: info@flymount.com. He is a very helpful friendly guy. Even though Flymount are a small UK company they have (or at least did have) a supply of inventory in Toronto. My order arrived quickly and there were no duties. Best of all Chris was also able to hook me up with the previous version at a discount. :D It might be worth asking if he has any of these previous models left (or even factory seconds). The differences between the current and previous model are negligible. I ended up paying only $60 CAD each plus a marginal domestic shipping charge.
mjamero

by mjamero » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Jerry wrote:Here's a video of board cam , helmet cam , clew cam and mast cam. the more cam angles the better . A selfie stick can do wonders but not for windsurfing.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqkUEGfz5EvEgZ53I0_2lqIEv4Kgqw

Nice video. That Roy Orbison song is very applicable (even if it is classic rock. ;) )

Regarding the helmet cam. I considered this for about 30 seconds then retired the idea to the bad idea bin. I was too concerned the camera and/or mount might dimple or puncture a panel while beach starting, carrying the sail etc. Any feedback on this?
mjamero

by Michael » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Great video Jerry! I like all the different perspectives.
I've got a few mounts..... Helmut, Fly, Clewview and just got an over the shoulder mount but haven't tried it yet. I actually think the flymount on the mast is good for b cam shots but works best if you're Philip Koster, in other words you need to be doing backies, forwards, and other sic aerials to get some cool shots. I used it in Maui and I doesn't do wave sailing justice. I need to experiment with it more to find better placements for DTL sailing. For blasting around, bump and jump sailing I like the clewveiw but it's nice to throw in some other coverage as well. The helmut mount will puncture a sail if you forget about it and carry your sail on your head, I did it once.
Michael

by ezzylover » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Gopro Hero5 acquired !
Will contact Flymount very soon !

thx guys for all the good advices !
ezzylover

by mjamero » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:52 am

Anyone have good results filming using a chest mount?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/go- ... 58498.aspx
mjamero

by ezzylover » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:15 am

mjamero wrote:Anyone have good results filming using a chest mount?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/go- ... 58498.aspx

Mark, if you or anyone wants cheaper accessories let me know , I know a guy.
same chest mount without the gopro logo on it $15
and he has a lot of other stuff except the flymount ......

G
ezzylover

by C36 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Michael wrote:Great video Jerry! I like all the different perspectives.
I've got a few mounts..... Helmut, Fly, Clewview and just got an over the shoulder mount but haven't tried it yet. I actually think the flymount on the mast is good for b cam shots but works best if you're Philip Koster, in other words you need to be doing backies, forwards, and other sic aerials to get some cool shots. I used it in Maui and I doesn't do wave sailing justice. I need to experiment with it more to find better placements for DTL sailing. For blasting around, bump and jump sailing I like the clewveiw but it's nice to throw in some other coverage as well. The helmut mount will puncture a sail if you forget about it and carry your sail on your head, I did it once.

"After watching surfers ride the barrel with the camera in their mouth I decided to finally give it a try. I didn't realize how personal and connected this camera can be to your own experience when you get it right. It was a little difficult to breath with the camera bit in my mouth but I got used to it. Hearing the water on the rails and the waves crashing in full surround sound feels like your there with me. The footage is amazing and just the beginning of what's possible. After this session I've been so excited to keep working on this it's a way to show windsurfing like never before. So enjoy windsurfing through my eyes."

C36

by Johnny » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:01 pm

What an awesome video! I got such a rush watching it. The mouth mount appears to be such a silly idea but outside of wearing a set of Google Glass, this might be the best POV angle. Learned a fews things too, Levi's back hand is waaaay back on his boom on the bottom turn. Thanks for sharing Dave.
Johnny

PreviousNext

Return to Windsurfing