Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Looking for Easy Waterstarter

Windsurfing shop talk

by mjamero » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:13 pm

I am looking for one or two Easy Waterstarters. Anyone have one they would like to part with?

http://www.waterstarter.com/default.htm

Thanks
mjamero

by Alton » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:29 pm

mjamero wrote:I am looking for one or two Easy Waterstarters. Anyone have one they would like to part with?

http://www.waterstarter.com/default.htm

Thanks

You can make your own using pool noodles ... but don't waste your money. When I was learning it actually made waterstarting more difficult because of the extra weight.

You need to learn how to clear and fly the sail using the correct orientation. Try renting "The ABC's of Waterstarting by Dasher"

In my early years I cheated by lowering the boom and pulling it over the stern (tail). This damages your boom grip. Lowering the boom also messes up your trim. Modern freestyle wave boards require a high boom.
Alton

by mjamero » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Alton wrote:You can make your own using pool noodles ... but don't waste your money. When I was learning it actually made waterstarting more difficult because of the extra weight.

You need to learn how to clear and fly the sail using the correct orientation. Try renting "The ABC's of Waterstarting by Dasher"

In my early years I cheated by lowering the boom and pulling it over the stern (tail). This damages your boom grip. Lowering the boom also messes up your trim. Modern freestyle wave boards require a high boom.

I found a copy of "The ABC's of Waterstarting". Going to start watching it tonight. Then watch again, then again...

Thanks for the suggestion Alton. I was wondering about pool noodles. It seems the Watersarter is essentially a fancy pool noodle or roof rack pad.
mjamero

Return to Windsurfing