Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 4.11.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 4.11.36 PM.png (114.25 KiB) Viewed 16617 times
Michael

by Ryancr500 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Ryancr500

by Lowesdown » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:49 pm

I will likely be making a long over due appearance. Sorry Team, been busy with new baby and crazy shift work.

Rich I messaged me today to see if I'm selling my gear :shock: That's the second person... No names *cough* Brad *cough*

I'm off work and got the green light from my 8 month old and my wife! I'll be bringing my full light wind quiver to guarantee some time on the water.
Lowesdown

by Brad R » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:23 am

Go Scott!
Brad R

by Michael » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Not the spring session I was hoping for but it was nice to get out. Was powered on the 5.2 for about an hour then things started to get light. The waves were starting to set up nicely on the outside but right it the sweet spot was a massive debris field! I've never seen it like that before even on the highest winter tides. There was stuff everywhere! I had to slog through it a few times and one time got a big piece of wood stuck to my fin, I had to jump in and get it off. It wasn't your usual stuff either, tonnes of chunks of wood, big weeds, some construction materials and lots of other $H!#, it look like some municipality must have bulldozed everything off their beach and pushed it out to sea, nasty. Please let there be another spring session, I'm not ready for Squamish yet!
Last edited by Michael on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

by gabrielb » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Michael, I noticed that too at PR. I am popping up with debris on my board. Last PR session was the same. I am very careful as my face is close to water when taking off. It's a lot of debris, and it just floats around. I don't think it's the tide, someone's been dumping their spring cleaning to sea.
Tofino is looking good as your past weekend.
gabrielb

by Lowesdown » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:30 pm

I know. There was tons of debris also saw some large logs, what appeared to be a power pole and other chunks of wood. :shock: I did manage to have a really good session regardless of the debris, I rigged up my 5.7 on my 111. I was powered the whole time which was good for nailing down some techniques. Last night I did a little bit of reading on rig tuning and I moved my mast foot way mor forward and my board was way less squirrley and stayed a lot more stable. It was almost at the last possible spot. I managed to stay upwind for the most part, which is a big accomplishment in my books. :D I was working on staying upwind however I wasn't in the straps all of the time, I defiantly improved as the day progressed. I did notice it was easier to stay upwind when heading back to shore... Is that normal with the wave and wind direction at Centennial?

Looks like 5 or so kites scored and Michael at the boat launch, on the dropping tide I should have joined at the boat launch, near the end I hit a few sand bars. Whoops!

All in all a great day with epic weather.
Lowesdown

by Michael » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Lowesdown wrote:I should have joined at the boat launch
Sorry Scott I forgot to mention that until I saw you were already on the water and then realized it was too late. Glad you had a good session though. It was a very nice day to be out, besides all the stuff in the water. I saw that power pole in the water too. :o Also saw you getting some good rides! It was great to see you on the water again sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello. See you next time, I know it's hard to get out with a baby but hope it's not too long before you get out again.
gabrielb wrote:Tofino is looking good as your past weekend.
Hey Gabriel glad you guys got out, you should have a great weekend, wish I could join you!
Michael

by Alton » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Nice day at Locust S 20-30 from 11am to 2pm. Started with 7m+surfboard then switched to 9m. Fun riding with Jerry, Clay, Cash, Joe, George plus more locals.

Locust_Tue_Apr_12.gif
Locust_Tue_Apr_12.gif (17.43 KiB) Viewed 16382 times
Alton

by C36 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Lowesdown wrote:I know. There was tons of debris also saw some large logs, what appeared to be a power pole and other chunks of wood. :shock: I did manage to have a really good session regardless of the debris, I rigged up my 5.7 on my 111. I was powered the whole time which was good for nailing down some techniques. Last night I did a little bit of reading on rig tuning and I moved my mast foot way mor forward and my board was way less squirrley and stayed a lot more stable. It was almost at the last possible spot. I managed to stay upwind for the most part, which is a big accomplishment in my books. :D I was working on staying upwind however I wasn't in the straps all of the time, I defiantly improved as the day progressed. I did notice it was easier to stay upwind when heading back to shore... Is that normal with the wave and wind direction at Centennial?

Looks like 5 or so kites scored and Michael at the boat launch, on the dropping tide I should have joined at the boat launch, near the end I hit a few sand bars. Whoops!

All in all a great day with epic weather.

Nice!
:D :D :D

Usually the more south the wind has in it the harder it is to stay even or gain ground going upwind at CNL. Graph looked like it was standard issue SE today so should have been easier on the way out. Usually you have to work the incoming waves inbound to gain a little inbound.

Michael wrote:Not the spring session I was hoping for but it was nice to get out. Was powered on the 5.2 for about an hour then things started to get light. The waves were starting to set up nicely on the outside but right it the sweet spot was a massive debris field! I've never seen it like that before even on the highest winter tides. There was stuff everywhere! I had to slog through it a few times and one time got a big piece of wood stuck to my fin, I had to jump in and get it off. It wasn't your usual stuff either, tonnes of chunks of wood, big weeds, some construction materials and lots of other $H!#, it look like some municipality must have bulldozed everything off their beach and pushed it out to sea, nasty. Please let there be another spring session, I'm not ready for Squamish yet!

Glad you got out M. Sorry there was so much fibre in your diet today ~ not sure if ocean dumping is still allowed in the straight or not, but stuff dumped was supposed to be the stuff that sinks.
C36

Return to Windsurfing