Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Windsurfing Vans - Ideas and Suggestions

Windsurfing shop talk

by Ryancr500 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Great to hear you bought a windsurf van!! Sure beats loading and unloading every time it's windy!! Luckily yours has lots of room inside. The rack I built for my VW fits flush against the side wall of the van. So it's slightly curved aluminum and spaced with racks so I can stack 4 boards inside the van with padding between. I could probably fit 5 boards in but I keep a small fridge inside as well which limits the length of the lower boards. Jay is right about keeping the wet stuff outside. I keep all my sails in a rooftop box and bring any wet equipment inside to dry. One nice addition is an external 110v plug. Using that, I plug it into an extension cord when I get home. If I feel the van got a little too damp I'll switch on a small electric portable heater with fan to dry out the van overnight. Looking forward to seeing at the beach!!
Ryancr500

by ezzylover » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:29 am

mjamero wrote:
ezzylover wrote:if your goal is to have a an extra vehicle just for fun , either the savanna / express or the astro / safari is a good choice now it depends if you bring the whole family with you or just you alone.

hope it helps !

Thanks for the feedback. Took your advice and went with a full-size van. How do you have things setup inside? Is it permanent? Do you leave your gear in it all the time? My wife and I live in a second story townhouse. The windsurf gear is taking up space and causing clutter. It will be nice to have a setup where I can leave the gear in the van for quick access to sailing while at the same time getting my living space back at home back. :D

Good choice ! same color as mine lol
so I have a removable platform at the back that fits a queen size bed, some of it has piano hinges so if I want i can put a row of seats.
in the winter it is half loaded with gear , in summer is it is fully loaded and ready to go.
we live on the north shore , you are welcome to come and look at it and even take measurements since it is pretty much the exact same van.
send me a pm if you d like

cheers

Greg
ezzylover

by LeopardSkin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:50 am

LeopardSkin

Previous

Return to Windsurfing