Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Monday?

Windsurfing shop talk

by gabor » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Now this was a Christmas present! Thank you! Waited for the am SW to turn to NW and stayed local: at Ambelside. Started with landboarding until wind filled in.
12+surfboard was fun, some area the voodoo chop threw me out into OP and wiped out for the first 20 minutes and after :D smooth waves formed, the Ambeslide magic :!: Stoped for a 1/2 hour walk to the BCLS break, and returned for the sunset session /#2/ with an other kiter and one WSer. Great day!!!
Last edited by gabor on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
gabor

by Richi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Nice way to end the year, sailing a 5.0 and 78l at Acadia with Brian. Wasn't the most epic Westerly but a beautiful warm day. Glad to hear everyone got some action even though we all picked different spots, I guess Chris gets the prize for being on a 3.4, WTF!

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas holiday, and hope to see everyone on the water soon after!
Richi

by Alton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30 pm

So sweet to score a double at Acadia - last half hour before sunset. Probably the last session of 2013.

W 18-20 on 5.2/93L shallow and flat (small knee high waves outside) great for a couple of hero gybes.

Enjoyed Acadia with Richi, Brian and James.

newgraph.gif
Jericho Mon Dec 23
newgraph.gif (20.94 KiB) Viewed 10298 times
Alton

by Chris Klohn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Hey Alton,

Glad Acadia delivered too and you got the double sesh. I just got back home after a 4.5 hour drive.

JWSP delivered huge today! I left at 6am and arrived at 945am to clouds, rain and 5 knot southerly winds. The forecast was solid so I took a chance.

It went from nothing to a faint white line on the horizon. Twenty minutes later I was scrambling to rig my 4.7 and an hour after that the 3.4 was a handful in the gusts. Very similar to the day you and I had last December 19th at Centennial. I see that Smith Island had some gusts to 49 knots around 11am and Ault Field 44 knots.

Things settled down to the 3.7-4.2 range from 130pm to dark. The waves were wrapping nicely up towards Deception Pass and I got a few great frontside rides. Nice ramps to port on the way out with a few dry back loops. The breaking waves were 6-8 feet high all the way down the beach with big smooth swell on the outside. Lots of strong side shore rip and you had to time getting of the beach.

The new Goya Quad was great on the wave faces and out in the deeper water on the smooth swells. I can't wait to sail it this summer in the Gorge and on Nicola.

Back to work for me on December 26th. Looking forward to the super small sails again in the Caspian Sea.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by Alton » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Chris Klohn wrote:JWSP delivered huge today! I left at 6am and arrived at 945am to clouds, rain and 5 knot southerly winds. The forecast was solid so I took a chance ...

That's amazing. G-Spot only looked okay for Whidbey Island. Who would have known it would nuke.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in the Caspian Sea.
Alton

by Brian C » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Chris gets the prize for most wind and longest drive!! I ended out driving to Tswassen for nought, but made up for it with the very pleasant 5.0 session at Acadia from 130 to about 315. As Richi said, not epic but a darn nice Christmas present that made up for the unnecessary morning drive. BTW, the new South Perimeter Road to Tswassen is counter-intuitive but definitely faster than the old route. Hopefully we'll get to make good use of it in the New Year.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Brian
Brian C

by Chris Klohn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Alton wrote:
Chris Klohn wrote:JWSP delivered huge today! I left at 6am and arrived at 945am to clouds, rain and 5 knot southerly winds. The forecast was solid so I took a chance ...

That's amazing. G-Spot only looked okay for Whidbey Island. Who would have known it would nuke.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in the Caspian Sea.

Still blowing 26 knots at Ault Field :D I didn't look at G-Spot last night Alton, just the NOAA forecast discussion. Got lucky I guess.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by C36 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:27 pm

A few shots from White Rock (East Beach) this afternoon - big gear weather, but any day you get up in the air is a good day! ;)

FULL SIZE. No Flickr login? Try this
C36

Previous

Return to Windsurfing