Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

SE Sunday?

Windsurfing shop talk

by 8mdude » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:57 pm

3 Sundays in a row. Wish it'll be like this in the winter. And today was of course the best morning session in Bbay and afternoon session in Spanish Banks. Life is great like this.
8mdude

by Alton » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:56 pm

Alton wrote:YVR WSW 21g29. Going to check out Ambleside and maybe Spanish Banks.

It was tempting but didn't have the nerve or energy to launch at Spanish Banks especially after 2.5 hours dawn patrol at 3rd Avenue. I must be getting old.

Kiters reported awesome clean head high waves outside. Needed 10m to reach the wind line but 7m in the wind.
Alton

by Alton » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:05 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:Acadia osr. Most guys on mid 4s. Head high swell. Sunny. Come on out!

Paid a visit to Acadia and saw the most awesome waves ever. Head high, smooth and HUGE spacing. Fun watching Adrien ride the waves.

Acadia was WAY WAY WAY better than Boundary Bay today. Congrats to windsurfers and kiters to scored Acadia today.
Alton

by Chuck » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Looooved the stoke in Adrien's OSR from Acadia :D :D

Knew it would be good but used up all my time (tho stil some gas left in the tank!) with a fun solo kite session at 72nd from 10-12am in the rising tide. I was convinced it was going to switch to NW earlier than it did which is why I chose to ride out there. Butter flat water though weedy as all get out as the tide rose. Fun bob and weaves on the outside chop but too shallow/flat for the surfboard. Ankle-knee deep water kept the Boosts to a minimum :roll:
Michaels OSR from Centennial brought me back around the Bay again and was stoked to find enough wind for some pole boarding :P another two and a half hour session, fun to ride with Michael, Gorilla Arms Grenon, Tony and a few others tho a shame there were no waves. Pretty flat :evil: . occasional piece of chop would pop up.

Craaaaazy switch from S/SE to straight W almost instantaneously along with macker 25-30 knot gusts..surprised nobody else got caught out (Sorry Michael! Tried to warn ya :lol: ) Knew Acadia was going to get the goods and stoked to all who scored up there. Soon....

Sorry I missed C36 at the Beach but thanks much for the sail delivery :D
Chuck

by joeschmoe » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:19 pm

I didn't realize Acadia could produce such amazing conditions.

5.30-7.15 on a 9m, with a TT. Clean, big waves, well spaced. How i wish i had a surfboard. After being somewhat skunked by marginal conditions at SB recently, this more than made up for it. So much fun.

Thanks to all here that were posting updates. Made me get off the couch and so happy I did.
joeschmoe

by babymama » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I am in loooovvveeeeeeee
babymama

by Brian C » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:02 pm

SOOO glad I waited. Was pretty worried at 2pm but what a turnaround!! Simply awesome 4.5 conditions at Acadia from 330 onward. Haven't seen nicer waves there for years (tho' I'm sure I've missed some similar sessions). Wished I'd rigged a bit smaller sail than my Chopper L, flattened to be like a 4.6. My best session of all was from 5-6pm when the wind softened a bit, the sun was out, and the waves remained just as beautiful. IF ONLY we could have those conditions more often, our dreams would come true.
Brian C

by AdrienGrelon » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Glad I got up at 5:50am to get to Boundary Bay today, it allowed me to get an extended 7hour warmup in for the Acadia evening session :lol: The last two hours of the warmup were the best for sure, and was stoked to share these with a solid gang of pole dancers :D , but it wasn't even close to what was on offer at Acadia...

The cursing in my OSR was warranted: that was unequivocally the best session of my entire windsurfing career. Describing the place as Pozo was only a slight exaggeration. 4.8m + JP 92l with thrusters was perfect. Well powered, to occasionally lit up. Cleanest and biggest swell I have ever experienced there. The light was incredible - the water was glowing, and there wasn't any of the bs glare you get in the summer there where you can't see sh!t on the way in.

WSW wind (what it felt like) and occasionally NW traveling faces offered up excellent backloop opportunies on the way out and yes, the holy grail, DTL on the way in (albeit euro-style DTL). First time I've ever sailed clean cross-on to cross faces, and it was unreal!!!!!

Managed to line up three consecutive front side bottom and top turns on the same face to claim my wave of the day :o What an awesome feeling it is to hang out at the peak of the wave, wait for it wall up a bit, and then charge down the line and set the rail hard :shock:

Glad to share this amazing session with Richi, Maryam, Kato, Simon and a few others. I will forever be mocking Tony for being "too cold" to partake.

AdrienGrelon

by Richi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:21 pm

The church of Acadia delivered with the best sunday sermon of the year! maybe ever!

Thanks to all those in attendance, I feel blessed to have shared todays magical day with everyone. Pray for next sunday.
Richi

by Brad R » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:38 am

I'm defs overdue to make the trek out there; next time!
Brad R

PreviousNext

Return to Windsurfing