Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Board repair tips

Windsurfing shop talk

by LeopardSkin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:48 pm

Mike wrote:not thinking it's likely there is a board fold risk...

I've folded a couple of boards. There would be a hairline crack on the deck spanning the entire width of the board. The crack would be midway between the mast track and the front straps.

Boards always fold into a shape of an inverted V, like this: ^

If you don't see the hairline crack on the deck, then it's likely not gonna crease anytime soon.
Last edited by LeopardSkin on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeopardSkin

by Richi » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Mike it's better to play on the safe side, why don't you sell me that damaged board at a heavy discount and buy yourself a brand new 2016 fanatic skate! ;)
Richi

by Mike » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Richi wrote:Mike it's better to play on the safe side, why don't you sell me that damaged board at a heavy discount and buy yourself a brand new 2016 fanatic skate! ;)

That's what I'd like to do but the accounting department says "no" (seen the price of new boards these days?)

LeopardSkin wrote:I've folded a couple of boards. There would be a hairline crack on the deck spanning the entire width of the board. The crack would be midway between the mast track and the front straps.

Boards always fold into a shape of an inverted V, like this: ^

If you don't see the hairline crack on the deck, then it's likely not gonna crease anytime soon.

Definitely no hairline crack. The damage was in Squamish when I slipped on the mud and the board came down on the pointy rocks. Good news - no water in board. Bad news - I missed a sweet port side flat water opportunity.
Last edited by Mike on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike

by C36 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Mike:

:?: When you took it to the board repair shops did any of them offer you opinion on how 'bad' the damage was or offer you suggestions on how to go about the repair?

:idea: You work fairly close to where I do, if you want to bring your board in I would be happy to take a look at it in person and tell you what I think.
C36

by Mike » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks Dave. I sent a pm.
Mike

Previous

Return to Windsurfing