Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Long Weekend - Hood River

Windsurfing shop talk

by Alton » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:02 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:More than kiteable! ...

Sweet. Glad our freestyle crew showed up some of the locals. Well done!
Alton

by ezzylover » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:39 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:More than kiteable!

Saturday: Puffy turning into fairly consistent wind, lit to overpowered on 4.8m at the Hatchery. Pretty nice swell allowed a few decent backloop attempts and crashes. Claimed my first stalled forward loop, felt sick :twisted: Massimo lit to overpowered on his 3.7m / Kode 80l. Adam on 4.2m / Twister 90l. Adam got sendy with some Air Chacho attempts (forward loop with a sail duck midway through the air/rotation). We had the Hatch to ourselves, no one else sailing up there. Apparently @ Doug's beach people were getting blown off the water on 3.4s. :shock:

Sunday: Freestyle session at the Event Site and Marina. 5.2m / Pickle for me, 5.2m / 90l Twintip for Massimo, and 4.8m for Adam. Super flat water on Marina side of the sand bar and some cold river water to reminisce Squamish.

Monday: Hatchery for Adam and me. 4.8m / 92l thruster was pretty good at the start. Adam on 4.2m to start but then 4.8m. Swell was much smaller than Saturday. Eventually went to the Pickle for more planing power, and should probably have gone 5.2m to get more rides in, though in the gusts 4.8m was good. Wyatt Miller and Rob Warwick showed up just as things were dying off.

Massimo was at the Event Site ripping on his new Severne Freek 5.2m all day long.

Left the Hatchery at 4:30pm, got to the border at 11pm.

Very successful long weekend wind chase! Greg and Caroline were down too. Left me wanting more Gorge action for next summer (and already thinking about the coming weekend) :D

Just gonna add that saturday was INSANE at Doug's with gusts close to 50 knots yeah you read right ! 50 fucking knots, everybody got bruises and nasty catapults except for a few locals who were having a great time lol
ezzylover

by 8mdude » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:34 pm

We have the best burritos and chimichangas at mags 99.
8mdude

by Brian C » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Missed the fun down south as we took our daughter to UVic for 1st year university. Scored a fun afternoon 6.0 session in warm sun at Columbis Beach to make up for it. First time there and I loved it!! Nice Clean waves even in today's light SE wind. Cant wait to try it on a strong day.
Brian C

by Brian C » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Sorry for the typo. Meant "Columbia Beach" of course. It was a blast but i would have preferred some company on the water. Warm sun made it feel safe though.
Brian C

by Michael » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Brian C wrote:Missed the fun down south as we took our daughter to UVic for 1st year university. Scored a fun afternoon 6.0 session in warm sun at Columbis Beach to make up for it. First time there and I loved it!! Nice Clean waves even in today's light SE wind. Cant wait to try it on a strong day.

Funny, I checked the Columbia webcam today, it looked light but sailable and there were still some nice waves. I was wondering if anyone had scored a session there, nice. :D
Michael

by C36 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:17 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:More than kiteable!

Saturday: Puffy turning into fairly consistent wind, lit to overpowered on 4.8m at the Hatchery. Pretty nice swell allowed a few decent backloop attempts and crashes. Claimed my first stalled forward loop, felt sick :twisted: Massimo lit to overpowered on his 3.7m / Kode 80l. Adam on 4.2m / Twister 90l. Adam got sendy with some Air Chacho attempts (forward loop with a sail duck midway through the air/rotation). We had the Hatch to ourselves, no one else sailing up there. Apparently @ Doug's beach people were getting blown off the water on 3.4s. :shock:

Sunday: Freestyle session at the Event Site and Marina. 5.2m / Pickle for me, 5.2m / 90l Twintip for Massimo, and 4.8m for Adam. Super flat water on Marina side of the sand bar and some cold river water to reminisce Squamish.

Monday: Hatchery for Adam and me. 4.8m / 92l thruster was pretty good at the start. Adam on 4.2m to start but then 4.8m. Swell was much smaller than Saturday. Eventually went to the Pickle for more planing power, and should probably have gone 5.2m to get more rides in, though in the gusts 4.8m was good. Wyatt Miller and Rob Warwick showed up just as things were dying off.

Massimo was at the Event Site ripping on his new Severne Freek 5.2m all day long.

Left the Hatchery at 4:30pm, got to the border at 11pm.

Very successful long weekend wind chase! Greg and Caroline were down too. Left me wanting more Gorge action for next summer (and already thinking about the coming weekend) :D

ezzylover wrote:Just gonna add that saturday was INSANE at Doug's with gusts close to 50 knots yeah you read right ! 50 f*&^ing knots, everybody got bruises and nasty catapults except for a few locals who were having a great time lol

Glad you were all treated to a great weekend (including BrianC's surprize session at CB)! :D
C36

Previous

Return to Windsurfing