Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Looking for a seat harness - Got One?

Windsurfing shop talk

by mjamero » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:26 am

I find my waist harness bothers my lower back. I've never sailed with a seat harness but perhaps it will do the trick.

Anyone selling a seat harness? Something along the lines of a DaKine XT Seat. I believe ION also has some pretty good seat harnesses although I am not too familiar with the brand. I'm a 29" waist so need XS or maybe small. Let me know if you have a seat harness that is relatively recent and in good shape you are looking to sell.

Any other makes / models worth checking out? Any harness tips?

Thanks!
mjamero

by Chuck » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Brand new never used DaKine XT seat, even have a bar for it.

Actually, I think Richie used it once at Bbay when he forgot his harness. Think he had to cinch it up pretty tight to keep from falling off his skinny butt :?

It's an XL tho
Chuck

by mjamero » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:45 am

Chuck wrote:Brand new never used DaKine XT seat, even have a bar for it.

Actually, I think Richie used it once at Bbay when he forgot his harness. Think he had to cinch it up pretty tight to keep from falling off his skinny butt :?

It's an XL tho

Thanks for the reply. That sounds like what I need except for the size. Probably could fit two of me in an XL. :D
mjamero

by shmish » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am

I have an older Dakine seat harness and bar, it's probably a size S. I bought it when I had a 30" waste. I was thinking about trying out a waist harness. Maybe we could swap for a bit, although I don't know how much more sailing I'l get in this summer. I'm off to Squamish in a little bit. I live in Vancouver if you want to check it out. Maybe you can borrow it if the timing works.
shmish

by mjamero » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:01 am

shmish wrote:I have an older Dakine seat harness and bar, it's probably a size S. I bought it when I had a 30" waste. I was thinking about trying out a waist harness. Maybe we could swap for a bit, although I don't know how much more sailing I'l get in this summer. I'm off to Squamish in a little bit. I live in Vancouver if you want to check it out. Maybe you can borrow it if the timing works.

Thanks for the offer shmish. I may take you up on that. I have a suspicion small might even be a bit too large for me. I need to go to Airtime, try some harnesses and confirm my size. The waist harness is handy for those light wind small sail days. Good for practicing tacks and gybes at Jericho. I will hang on to my waist harness for now.

I'm going to check out a DaKine Vision at Airtime in the next couple days. It is technically a women's harness but it's seems more than a few men use them. If the Vision does not work out I may just bite the bullet and order in a Black DaKine XT Seat XS. I have not tried either but the XT Seat has more back support and looks like it would spread the load a little better than the Vision.
mjamero

Return to Windsurfing