Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Acadia today

Windsurfing shop talk

by Faceplant » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Epic! Glad those die hards got out and scored some epicosity!
I'm being a good boy for a week. Wife and kid take off for a solid month. I will be kicking it into high gear. (meaning, even if I take a week off during this time and play hooky at work as much as possible without being fired and make up some great reasons why I have to go to squamish/merrit/and harrison lake for work related reasons... maybe I can get out half as much as Alton during this next month, it will be tough though.) :shock:
Faceplant

by AdrienGrelon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Thanks for the pics Dave!

You guys should've just gotten up at 4:30 like I did! There was plenty of time for a good working-man session this am. My commute is an hour too and I made in early today!

Haha, Alton is officially a kiter now: it's in his talk, it's in his walk :D There was a time when you were still fooling us with the "if it's 25knots plus I still prefer to windsurf" speech, but not anymore :lol:
AdrienGrelon

by Alton » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:20 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:Haha, Alton is officially a kiter now: it's in his talk, it's in his walk :D There was a time when you were still fooling us with the "if it's 25knots plus I still prefer to windsurf" speech, but not anymore :lol:

Alton

by Michael » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Part 2 of 2 – The cool down: I wanted to go down and join M and DB and check out Gulf Road in mid-one metre tide.
Thanks for joining us Dave and the pics. Sorry it didn't deliver.
When I arrived I found what I was looking for, strong wind and big waves, too bad it didn't last. Glad others joined me and big thanks to Filip for the chauffeured ride of shame. :D
Attachments
Carve.jpg
#photo Carve
Carve.jpg (592.93 KiB) Viewed 13437 times
GulfRdWave.jpg
#photo Gulr Rd Wave
GulfRdWave.jpg (566.52 KiB) Viewed 13437 times
Crash.jpg
#photo Crash
Crash.jpg (732.24 KiB) Viewed 13437 times
Wave2.jpg
#photo Wave 2
Wave2.jpg (648.63 KiB) Viewed 13437 times
Wave3.jpg
#photo Wave 3
Wave3.jpg (496.5 KiB) Viewed 13437 times
Michael

by tweegster » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Good shots Michael, those waves look like fun.

White Rock looked awesome this morning when I got up at 6:00. The NW wind was coming over the bluff, not wrapping around, which was unusual. As such, it was passing side offshore and standing up the NW swell. Not big, but beautiful thigh highs. By the time I left for work it was full on sideshore wind/wave/whitecap city.

My wife was good enough to let me know the guys were ripping around all morning and afternoon.

Booo.
tweegster

by ShonanDB » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Decent morning out at Gulf Road. Not 4.0 like at Acadia but PR was a 35 minute drive versus an hour + with tons of traffic to get to Acadia. I find it hard to drive in traffic when it's windy. Wind completely shut down as if someone flicked a switch at one point catching Michael and I out a fair ways but got in without too much trouble. Dave (C36), thanks for the pictures but I guess you missed me landing that double loop.....

On a serious note, Graham the mystery Kiter showed up downwind in PR from the Ferry Terminal again while we were packing up and I dropped him near the border .Does anyone know if he made it back to the Ferry Terminal okay as Michael waited but didn't see him on the other side?
DB
ShonanDB

by Michael » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:05 am

ShonanDB wrote:
On a serious note, Graham the mystery Kiter showed up downwind in PR from the Ferry Terminal again while we were packing up and I dropped him near the border .Does anyone know if he made it back to the Ferry Terminal okay as Michael waited but didn't see him on the other side?
DB

Thanks for bringing that up Darrel, yes please let us know if and how he made it back.
I waited for a while, went and drove around looking for him, then came back and went down the steps and walked the beach but no sign of him. I also asked around the steps but no one had seen him.
Michael

by Michael » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:04 am

tweegster wrote:Good shots Michael, those waves look like fun.

White Rock looked awesome this morning when I got up at 6:00. The NW wind was coming over the bluff, not wrapping around, which was unusual. As such, it was passing side offshore and standing up the NW swell. Not big, but beautiful thigh highs. By the time I left for work it was full on sideshore wind/wave/whitecap city.

My wife was good enough to let me know the guys were ripping around all morning and afternoon.

Booo.

Thanks Tweegster. I was thinking about going to White Rock but the sensor was only reading like 5 knots. That would have been great. I definitely prefer WR over Point Roberts, but the Point was fun while the wind lasted.

A few more pics from my phone.
Attachments
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 13371 times
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (976.31 KiB) Viewed 13371 times
Michael

by AdrienGrelon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Sweet pics, Michael! Looked like a fun setup indeed!

Hope the border-crossing kiter made it back ok - can't imagine the American authorities liking a tale about being blown downwind too much..
AdrienGrelon

by tweegster » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Michael wrote:[ I was thinking about going to White Rock but the sensor was only reading like 5 knots. That would have been great. I definitely prefer WR over Point Roberts, but the Point was fun while the wind lasted.

That sensor definitely does not work. Guys were on their 8M's in the AM.

Today the thermal was late, six of us out. 10-15kts from 2:30 until 5:30. Incoming tide, regretted wearing my wetsuit. :mrgreen: Some clown stole my kite bag and pump off the beach.. :evil: which I had put my wedding ring in the pocket of.... whooops.
tweegster

PreviousNext

Return to Windsurfing