Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Easter Weekend Wind

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by letsflykites » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm trying to figure out my forecasting for the next few days before I pack everything up for Cuba. By my reckoning, Sunday could for for Tsawwassen (NW15), Monday AM @ 3rd Ave (15SSE), and Tuesday again in Tsawwassen (NW15).

Am I reading it right, wrong or just wishful thinking all around?

Dunno what I'm going to do in Cuba since there's such limited internet! Maybe I'll be forced to go outside...
“Excitement is the more practical synonym for happiness, and it is precisely what you should strive to chase. It is the cure-all.”
― Timothy Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
letsflykites

by Alton » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Where are you getting all these numbers from?
Alton

by letsflykites » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:35 pm

Big Wave Dave Forecast. Like every hopeful armchair meteorologist, I like to peruse all of the available forecasts and then pick the best one ;)

I'm used to WindGuru for pretty much everything, but it doesn't seem to do a very good job for BBay.
“Excitement is the more practical synonym for happiness, and it is precisely what you should strive to chase. It is the cure-all.”
― Timothy Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
letsflykites

by Alton » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Realize that all these forecasts are based on computerized probabilistic models that change daily. As such we cannot take the predicted wind speeds, direction, timing and location literally.

What works best for me is to use these models to identify potential "meeting conflicts" on my personal and work calendar. Eventually, we all need to "roll the dice" and commit to the possibility of getting skunked.

In summary, it is difficult to answer your original question but all options are open. I hope this answers your question - even as ambiguous as it may sound.
Alton

Return to Weather Talk and OSR