Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Squamish this week

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Lorne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:08 pm

First day at Squamish this year. It was well worth the drive. I can't believe its April and this nice. Got there around 1245 and went with my 12m . By the end of the day I was a bit overpowered but it was great ! Really good wind and sunshine. The water didn't seem too cold . There was a good turnout and lots of familiar faces. :D
Lorne

by Tony360 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:39 pm

The chicken taco with slaw was great. The special beef tostada was muy deliciosa. But they were out of the corn battered fish taco.

Also some people got out windsurfing and kiteboarding as a pre-Mags warmup.
Tony360

by AdrienGrelon » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Really good day today - wind was loads better than yesterday, though it got a bit holey later in the day. Felt like summer.

Got some good freestyle training in with Mike. Made a lot of progress on flakas today, particularly the setup phase. Wind was consistent enough to allow 2 series of 10 consecutive port flaka attempts - back to back attempts are key for figuring out technique, though super draining. Probably as applicable to kiting moves, just gotta hammer out the attempts.

Here are a few shots from yesterday's session, feat. Mike, with the GoPro placed on one of the sand bars. Still trying to figure out the sail throws/boomerangs..

Thanks to Brett for putting me up for the night yesterday - saved me having crash in my car on the Spit :D

Edit: And thanks to ElPresidente for the post session beer 8-)
AdrienGrelon

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR