Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Friday Good?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:53 am

Mike wrote:... filling some of the gaps when windsurfing conditions aren't the greatest ...

Exactly. That's why I haven't danced the pole much lately. Doesn't it seem like conditions suitable for windsurfing at Centennial have been getting worse over the last 4 years? I only recall one epic day this year (the storm surge) but it didn't last long. In the past we would score dozens of epic days in the winter. What's happening? Climate change?
Alton

by C36 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:26 am

george wrote:Hey Dave, it was great out there today, something nice about enjoying the waves with windsurfers as well as kiters. You boosted a few sweet ones out by the shipwreck, and a few looong rides down the nice little wave trains we had out there. Rob was going large...but he's going to have to up his game if he wants to keep up with Kirsten, haha.
I've done the walk of shame there often, and that's why when I get a sniff of a lull, I just head back and if its just a sucker lull, head back out. It switches fast there.
I know its a long ways out, but BWD is calling for the first set of coast nw's next week, though smaller swell...looking at the setup, might be worthwhile considering calling in dead to work wed/Thurs...good surf/suping in the am, then poling/stringing in the pm...rinse and repeat.
And to paraphrase Dave... I've already said much more than I know...
George

Thanks to all the kiters who kept an eye on me while on the water and let me play in close quarters - fun that! :D ;)

Thanks for the reminder to start watching for surf/NW combo on the coast! 8-)
C36

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR