Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Saturday SE clocking W

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Moeman » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Sounds breezy Alton, I think the Terminal must be blowing by now?
Moeman

by Alton » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Moeman wrote:Sounds breezy Alton, I think the Terminal must be blowing by now?

Maybe SW 15-20 (cross-shore) so you'll need a larger kite (12m or bigger).
Alton

by Faceplant » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Great day at 3rd. Started with 12m, down to 9m and finished with 7.
Good swell in the 3.5-4 ft range. Quite a bit more wind out at the mile marker. Almost inverted my kite out there. It wouldve been a a long trip back to shore. Nice to get in a solid session.
Faceplant

by Lowesdown » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:49 pm

I had a great session, I arrived at 7:30 and started unloading and rigging at Centennial. By 8:00 moved my vehicle around and waited for it to build. I started on my 5.7/111L but as it built had to switch to my 4.6/111L. I made some serious progression today, in the straps both ways, a few water starts, and caught lots of air. Some of which while completely disconnected from my rig :shock:

Big thanks goes out to
Brad R - for encouraging me to try out this sport
Chris Klohn - for hooking me up with some sweet gear
Michael - for the great tips in the water, regarding water-starts
Adrien - for the undying amount of stoke!

Here is a quick little video of my day:

Here are a few photos from the day also:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lowesmedia/sets/72157651340522332/
Lowesdown

by AdrienGrelon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:56 pm

Good to hear about the progress, Scott! You're definitely hooked now ;) The waist deep tide setup is so perfect for practicing waterstarts and taking breaks, plus it wasn't even cold today. Classic bails in the vid :lol:

Awesome day!

Totally and unequivocally overpowered on my XL at the wind peak, but the wind peak combination with the steep organized ramps made for some of the best starboard-side boosting opportunities I've seen at Centennial yet. Some of the ramps were lining up really steep, and I made some good progress on backies. Also tried a stalled/delayed forward, which was a first... it ended in a heavy backslap.

We checked out the Ferry Terminal after lunch hoping to score a bonus session but it was foil/big kite territory.

AdrienGrelon

by 8mdude » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Double dip.
A.M 4.5m 83L windsurfing at boundary bay

P.M. 8m kite at SB
8mdude

by Roxstock » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:50 pm

What a day! Dawn patrol at 3rd ave. started in my 12m for about 45 minutes then it became to much to handle so I switched to my 10m. Still slightly overpowered for just over a hour with most people on 7m. I got a call from Jeff who left 3rd just before me to tell me white rock was blowing. I headed there to join him on my 12m for 30 muns before it got too light. I got home and saw the trees swaying in kits so checked out the beach and had another 30 ride, this time with 16m and big board all alone in the sun. Now time for Mexican food, a few beers and a good night sleep!
Roxstock

by Chuck » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:03 pm

:D :D :D Good to hear of a few triple sessions! :D :D :D
Underwhelmed by what was on offer at Centennial so started to head to Locust in pursuit of Alton and Jerry and the 30+gusts.

Did a quick flyby of White Rock and it was windy so windsurfed there for an hour fairly lit until it started to back off. Super sketchy kite launch there at high tide what with trees, trains, fences and slick grass. Was still considering Locust as it was still showing mid 20s on the graph but the border waits said otherwise.

Drove back and it was whitecaps everywhere as I rounded Mud Bay on the Hwy, so popped into 72nd to check things out. Kited LIT for an hour before the receding tide made things too shallow but that's a great spot when the tide is up. Walking in it was still windy so decided t check out the Ferry Terminal and scored another 20 minutes before the wind finally backed off. Packed up in the Sunshine with a big smile on my face, haven't chased wind like that for a while! Channeling my inner Alton I guess :P

Passed Michael on the way to the Terminal, did you get any sailing out there?
Chuck

by Alton » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Holy double, triple sessions!!! AJ, Roxstock/Mark, Chuck ... you guys are making me feel inadequate.

Congrats to everyone who scored today - Mike, Richi, Lowesdown/Scott, Adrien, Faceplant/Lucas, Martin, Jerry, Laura, C36/Dave, Eastside/Ralph, Joost, LeopardSkin/Tony, Tweegster/Jeff ...

Anyone else? Michael - did you get any action today?
Last edited by Alton on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Centennial Beach this morning. 90 mins on the water. I rigged 4.7. Overpowered about 99% of the time. Steady wind. Lots of steep waist-high starboard ramps. Smooth water. Warm. Sunny.

Après was clam chowder at The White Spot.
LeopardSkin

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR