Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Friday SE

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by C36 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Jack1587 wrote:C36 thanks for the great photos!

Glad you saw them! You are most welcome.

george wrote:Dave, thanks for the photos
The windsurfers have been practicing... Saw Dave with the sick duck gybe in the beach break early, Chuck with the subtle tack in the waves, and Michael with the smooth swell-train gybes out in the middle...and Alton, looking better on the dark side all the time!
Nice to share waves with all of you today. Here's hoping for more of that, if we have to put a fork in the mountains.

8-) Thanks for the feedback on the pictures and sailing! Always fun sharing waves with you too!

For anyone wanting to save full-size images from FlickR, here's how:
  • Go to the gallery - for today (Friday, Feb 6) click here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/64585307@ ... 269526008/
  • Scroll around until you see a picture you want.
  • Right click on the picture and it should open in a new window.
  • Right click on the picture again and it should offer you sizes - select "original" and it should open in a new window.
  • Right click on the picture again and "save picture as..." and save it where you want.

Hope that makes sense! :-)
C36

by Jerry » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Locust report , 10:00-13:30 , Waves were small 2ft rollers to 4ft breakers. It was a amazing gorge like nuclear day with 50 plus gust . Too bad only 1 local windsurfer on a 4m scored with the perfect tide . Do it again tomorrow . ETA 0930 wind and tide permitting.
Jerry

by Roxstock » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Couldn't make the early sessions at 3rd because of work. Watching the webcam and sensors it looked good in the morning but it looked a little light at 2:30 when I was finishing work. Went to 72nd and had a great afternoon from 3:00 til 5:00 on flat water with Jeff and 2 others. It was blowing good and kites ranged from 7m to 12m. 2 days back to back there now.
Roxstock

by tweegster » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Some of the smoothest southerly winds i have sailed yet, coupled with flat water. Had a little de-power pulled on my 10m. Perfect after work session. Off to Whidbey island for the long weekend... woo hoo.
tweegster

by Jack1587 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Alton wrote:Hey Jack - at half my weight (and a third of my age) I'm surprised you held down your 7m ... nice jumps! Were they planned?

Thanks. Not all of them were on purpose :lol: In the gusts just putting the kite up to twelve would lift me off the water :o The seven was still manageable for me. Its the smallest kite I have and waiting on the beach was not even in consideration :D
Jack1587

by Michael » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:48 pm

What a day. I can hardly move. Great to see everyone out today! Some nice waves, some nasty crashes and a few good jumps ( Not many though, the ramps seemed better for riding today ) Wind was up and down, everything from overpowered to swimming. Lots of cursing when the wind dropped in the morning but was stoked it came back up. :D
Thanks for the pics Dave, I don't know how you do it after a day like today, I was way too tired and sore to even look through my go pro footage.
ShonanDB wrote:What's the wind doing at Centennial now (12:20PM)? Can someone post an OSR please? BB Airport is still showing 17 gusting to 23knots but the BB webcam looks less. Lots of big kites on the water but no one sailing......? Should I stay or should I go now........?

Sorry Darrel, missed your post but I finished at around 12:30 and by then it was done.
Michael

by Chuck » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:31 pm

Good times! :D :D :D

Nice to sail with Michael and C36, one of the better Centennial sessions I've had in a while! More up than down though I did get suckered out for a last session as the tide dropped, Nicholas back from warmer climes was making it look easy out there, glad the wind stuck around for his session! C36 kicking it old school with the duck gybes and fun to throw down with Michael!

Some niiice ramps when I first went out, nicely powered on 5.2 and waveboard, wish the wind stayed up as I was ready to unleash the hate :twisted: we really are overdue for a solid, pants-unbuttoned, overpowered, no-Kiter-to-be-seen windsurfing session!!

A shout out to Cash who was holding down the biggest kite of the day, nutter was out on a 13.5 :o Hey Alton, isn't that double the size of the kite you were on? ;)

Wonder what tomorrow will bring! Great start to February....who needs Maui :roll:
Chuck

by Lowesdown » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:08 pm

I woke up frozen. I couldn't move.

My session consisted of three separate times out. First one during the highest tide. Got up and in the straps and was hauling!!! Next thing I know I was beyond the border marker! :shock:

Then I found out the water was over my head... :x

Struggled trying to get back up and water start, managed to get back in way down the beach after a lot of struggling...

On my second round I was keeping my runs much shorter. In the straps ripping both directions.

On the last time out as the tide was real low I had a few more solid runs.

Now I am still super sore from the longest session to date and the most time in the straps ripping. :D :D

Glad I was able to ditch work :lol:
Lowesdown

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR