Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Cash kiting at 3rd Ave on Global TV News

GlobalTVNews.jpg
GlobalTVNews.jpg (12.73 KiB) Viewed 5392 times
Alton

by Chuck » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Michael wrote:
Love my morning exercise today. 1 1/2 hour session: 3.4m/68L then switched to 3.4m/83L
Mine included a hour long swim. :oops: Just wanted to say thank you and sorry to everyone who stayed around and helped me out. I should have known better! It was awesome while it lasted but I saw the signs the wind was shifting and kept sailing. A few nice big gusts kept me going then nothing, it shut down fast just as Alton had warned. I was able to practice the Wyatt Miller self rescue he taught us by de-rigging and tying everything down. The only down side is if the off shore wind had of picked up again I would have been screwed as once you've got all your gear apart your only option is to swim. I was surprised and embarrassed to see all the people, cops and ambulance waiting for me on the beach though. :oops: The paramedics gave me a great check over, were very impressed by my heart rate and asked if I was going to swim the English channel next. :D Thanks again!!

:shock: :o :shock: DOOD! :o :shock: :o

Glad you're ok!

Looks like I missed a few fun days, though remarkably limited winds...I wonder when we'll get a decent sustained blow, I.e. More than an hour or two!!

Any leftovers for tomorrow?
Chuck

by timedog412 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:48 am

Glad you made it back in one piece Michael. Couldn't quite believe how neatly the sail/mast etc were still tied together as you came in! Great job (though maybe a reef knot rather than the bowline I think you used, would have been the knot of first choice!! Kidding!).
timedog412

by LeopardSkin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (189.52 KiB) Viewed 5208 times

Richi wrote: For those that haven't enjoyed a self rescue, Heres a great photo of a de rigging sequence that won't lose any of your gear. Glad your in safe and ready to go again.

You mean like this?

LeopardSkin

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR