Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

End of Days?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by C36 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Richi wrote:I have a Skateboard with mast base installed, let me know if you find any new secret spots. I used to always go around science world, I'm pretty sure all the parking lots are gone now. The parking lot down by the planetarium and boat launch used to work pretty good too.

:shock: You might want to pack that finger of yours deep inside a hockey glove if you wind-skating. :D ;)

Richi wrote:This looks like allot more fun though :P

Had a wind-skier too. :? Had being the operative word.

waldo 6.jpg
waldo 6.jpg (41.23 KiB) Viewed 10940 times

As you can see in the picture, ice wasn't slippery enough for me, I went out when there was a thin layer of water on top just to make sure it was super slick. Nothing like getting spun around backwards going well over 30 mph with your legs splayed! :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This is just one more example of why I liver here now. :D ;)

Note to self: those guys are throwing forwards on hard pack snow - time to man up!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
C36

by Richi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah that doesn't look like fun David, I totally get why you would move to the wet coast, ice hurts. :evil: I'm not sure what splayed means either, but it sounds like it could interfere with having children one day.

Thanks for the Previa outfitting video AG, not sure I will make any mods as I'm into the minilimism thing. It was nice to see that someone has a crappier looking Windprevia than mine though :)
Richi

by Michael » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:50 am

Michael, you've got a turf dog, right?? I think I'm gonna drill some holes on the front of my longboard to mount the mast base this weekend. This could be a good way to work on some new moves during the End of Days!

I do, I was hoping to use it in Boundary Bay at low tide but during the winter that doesn't happen very much. I'll be bringing it out over the next few days if I can find a good place near my house.
Michael

by Solardave » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi guys. I have been lurking here on WTFBC.CA lately and when I read these posts and watched the videos about wind skating it got me pumped up about it.
I am a kiter now but I have all of my windsurf gear and now I just need a long board. I think I will get a mountain board so I can do it on more varied terrain. I tried this in a parking lot back when I wind surfed and I really liked it. I have a few mast bases so for the most part all I need is a board and some bolts.
Thanks so much for your posts. I am enjoying reading them.
Solardave

by Solardave » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:52 pm

I like the idea of the bigger wheels on a mountain board but there isn't any flat deck to attach the mast base.
Can one of you make a suggestion as to the best board to use?
Thanks
Solardave

by Slappy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:55 am

Solardave wrote: lately and when I read these posts and watched the videos about wind skating it got me pumped up about it.
I am a kiter now but I have all of my windsurf gear and now I just need a long board. I think I will get a mountain board so I can do it on more varied terrain..

Wouldn't it make more sense to just land kite with a mountain board?
Slappy

by Solardave » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Yes. I agree and I will. I just wanted to use the sail if it was easy.
I'll look at what boards are available.
Thanks
Solardave

by Alton » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Oh sh*t. Now what?

WindGURU.jpeg
WindGURU.jpeg (273.02 KiB) Viewed 10819 times
Alton

by Chuck » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Well you sure as hell won't be doing much skiing or snowboarding :roll:

Anyone brave enough to try Cypress tomorrow? I think it will be rock city...

Hey Alton, any luck with dawn patrol this am?
Chuck

by Alton » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Chuck wrote:Well you sure as hell won't be doing much skiing or snowboarding :roll:

Anyone brave enough to try Cypress tomorrow? I think it will be rock city...

Hey Alton, any luck with dawn patrol this am?

No luck with dawn patrol this morning. I regret not joining you guys yesterday at Centennial.

Oh well. I'll have to ride my 11th day at Cypress tomorrow morning. ETA 9am
Alton

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR