Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

SE Saturday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Jens » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:26 pm

Best session of the year! :lol:

Really good conditions and warm, glad I listened to Johnny and didn't rig bigger. Went out on 4.0/89ltr as people came back in to rig smaller. Stayed out a little to long as wind backed off and me and Gleb ended up down far past the washrooms. Luckily wind came back a little again and we could tack upwind rather than walk.
Worked more on jumps and backloops, tried to get more height in them before i start the rotation, worked better for the last 2 tries. Next I think I gotta keep my back leg tucked more and look more over my shoulder, I seem to just look under my armpit.

Got some gopro clips of my attempts and a good straight air https://vimeo.com/496708856

Fingers crossed that Tuesday works out!!
Attachments
Air.png
Air.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 3565 times
Jens

by Jacko » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:59 pm

Once the wind went fluky ended up getting caught in a legit death loop, first time for me. Managed it okay...”

Angus, glad you are ok!
thanks for posting your videos, mostly commentary to “death loop..” it happened to me once, and hope never again.. your tips will help, if it does again..we need to be prepared for this type of situations, as you said you had 4 seconds!!
Jacko

by C36 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:32 pm

:D :D :D
Nice work everyone!

Slappy wrote:... Once the wind went fluky ended up getting caught in a legit death loop ...

Alton wrote:Angus - You got me freaked out. Glad you're ok. You were surprisingly calm and cheerful after your crazy session.

+1 :shock:
Glad you weren't hurt and made it back in.
C36

by imdmitry » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Slappy wrote:It was a pretty good session, a bit on the gusty side though. Ended up with 2 hours of riding and 45 min of swimming. Waves weren't great down at Centennial or even on the outside at 3rd but South of 3rd on the outside there were some nice big ones to be found. Once the wind went fluky ended up getting caught in a legit death loop, first time for me. Managed it okay but after I had my kite and bar dealt with I couldn't keep up with my surfboard as the wind took it faster than I could swim/sail.

Log entry:

Death loop commentary:

Glad you are OK. One bar end get caught by line.
[img]loop.jpg[/img]
I think every kiter should watch this. How to survive kite death loop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naFKEWEHn6k&t=400s
Attachments
loop.jpg
loop.jpg (82.9 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
imdmitry

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR