Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

SE Tuesday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:12 am

Fun day today. Wind was up and down and I was a little under powered at the start, then almost rigged down to the 3.7 but glad I didn't as it didn't last. Had a few painful backloop attempts but almost landed the last one. The waves were great at times, with good spacing and glassy sections but didn't last long with the flooding tide. Great to see everyone out today, it was like a reunion!

Jens wrote:First time I tried back loops(thanks for the tips Michael)
No problem, good luck, it's a challenge at Centennial!
Attachments
Outsideswell.jpg
Outsideswell.jpg (474.4 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
Chophop.jpg
Chophop.jpg (487.79 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
Michael

by Alton » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:01 am

bandito wrote:... one tack, thinking got to downsize 2m, one big jump for show off ... land hard on chop,back leg and shooting pain., session over n can barely walk , Ladner hospital going for exrays , hope bones not cracked or ligament tores ...

... Mmmm, maybe I really should take it easy n cruise waves of what's not instead then high quick rush high jumps and excitements......

bandito wrote:... it is nothing compare to broken snowboarding leg against a tree that happened deep in The Forbiden Zone or shattered shoulder on icy groom right before Lions chair ...

Dude - you're not in your 20's, 30's or 40's any more. Consider slowing down a bit ... or at least warm up first. Anyway, take it easy and get well soon
Alton

by C36 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:05 pm

Smoothies. Got released from work commitment when my 8:30 meeting was cancelled. Luckily I was at the beach already to reduce post-meeting commute time. WooHoo! Considered taking small gear out (3.8/74) but watched Tsawwassen’s first run on 4.3/80 and he looked comfy, so settled on 4.5/92 and it was within range on medium settings and then almost full-flat trim was needed toward the end. Ridding favoured over jumping today although there were some nice ramps on the outside from the start and some built on the inside once the tide flooded. Followed Tom out the edge of the second bank off of 4th and was rewarded with some nice swell trains (including the one I snaked from above on Tom but he was a gracious host on the party wave). Caught a few close to DB as well! Got folded by one crumbler on the outside on a gybe exit. Wind was stable and wind wave angle allowed upwind gains, so riding the smoothies on the outside was guilt-free! Even got a couple of inside tacks and few duck gybes around the ‘inside mark’ (the log with the root ball)! Fun! Good crowd that was all smiles!

Pre-Session OSR
Gallery (to view as a slideshow click on the screen icon top right)
C36

by tattooedferret » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:33 pm

I can't wait til the day I'm good enough to go out in conditions like this, looks so fun!
tattooedferret

by LeopardSkin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:45 pm

tattooedferret wrote:I can't wait til the day I'm good enough to go out in conditions like this, looks so fun!

If you can uphaul and use a harness, you're good enough to windsurf at Centennial Beach. You'll just have to walk back upwind along the beach, that's all. Just don't go out too far so you can easily swim back in if needed.
LeopardSkin

by Jens » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:53 pm

C36 wrote:Image

Great pictures Dave, this one really catches how busy it was:) Amazing turnout for late November. I remember turning around one time and feeling there was a whole "wall" of windsurfers coming against me :lol:

LeopardSkin wrote:
tattooedferret wrote:I can't wait til the day I'm good enough to go out in conditions like this, looks so fun!

If you can uphaul and use a harness, you're good enough to windsurf at Centennial Beach. You'll just have to walk back upwind along the beach, that's all. Just don't go out too far so you can easily swim back in if needed.

Much better place to learn than anything in Vancouver I think, better wind and all sand bottom, you can mostly touch the bottom depending on tide and if you don't go out too far, waves are small closer to shore too
Jens

by LeopardSkin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:12 pm

What happened to your feet? :shock:
Attachments
50647371622_11afd04933_o - rotate.jpg
50647371622_11afd04933_o - rotate.jpg (896.47 KiB) Viewed 5951 times
LeopardSkin

by C36 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:45 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:What happened to your feet? :shock:

Working on my 'Superman'! :D ;)

That shot is a personal reminder to STAY COMMITED!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
C36

by bandito » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:38 pm

C36 wrote:
LeopardSkin wrote:What happened to your feet? :shock:

Working on my 'Superman'! :D ;)

That shot is a personal reminder to STAY COMMITED!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

holy moly, windsurfers doing superman! wow. i did one traveling 120km in Mexico HW and hit a Tope (speed bump) passing in a small village, i can't believe i didn't let go of the handle bar(must have been Adrena fear ha ha), stayed on course wt my fully loaded moto wt tons of gears, and reseated myself keeping cruising. ha ha, was like after school and kids walking on the side cheered me wt wide eyes as i also looked at them with mine. lucky SuperBen! :shock:
bandito

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR