Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Westerly Saturday Morning

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by C36 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Maui-like. Tower Beach/Upper Acadia was better than average this morning, much better (consistent wind and enough drive to make it up to and stay at Tower Beach). Fun line of rolling waves off Tower Beach on the western edge of the bank. Some big channel swell rolling off the north edge of the bank. Warm water (short sleeve suit), sun and fun swell made if feel Maui-like at times. Lot of stoke on and off the water. Johnny2 said best Acadia summer session he has seen at Acadia in the last 10 years.

pre-session OSR
Gallery (to view as a slideshow click the screen icon top right
C36

by Michael » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:34 pm

C36 wrote:Maui-like. Tower Beach/Upper Acadia was better than average this morning, much better (consistent wind and enough drive to make it up to and stay at Tower Beach). Fun line of rolling waves off Tower Beach on the western edge of the bank. Some big channel swell rolling off the north edge of the bank. Warm water (short sleeve suit), sun and fun swell made if feel Maui-like at times. Lot of stoke on and off the water. Johnny2 said best Acadia summer session he has seen at Acadia in the last 10 years.
Wow, nice pictures Dave, looks like I missed a nice one!
Michael

by C36 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:26 am

Michael wrote:Wow, nice pictures Dave, looks like I missed a nice one!

You and Ethan both (early start conflicted with his teenage sleep schedule). :roll:

Thanks again for the Go Pro - it’s come in handy to help capture a feel of conditions.

One thing I forgot to mention was I was picking up eel grass on the inside at Upper Acadia when working upwind to Tower Beach with OEM wave fins. First time for that, but then again haven’t had many August sessions at Acadia. Hopefully the first fall storm clears them out.

Hope to share a session again soon!
C36

by Simon » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:55 am

Great photos Dave, thanks for sharing. Super smooooth water in the looong wave intervals. Best waves I have seen at Acadia.
Simon

by Slappy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:24 am

Fantastic morning up at Tower, rather unheard of to get these good of waves in Summer time. Only downside was the wind/wave angle was setup for backside rides for regular riders, it would have been perfection for goofy riders. This was the first time I've ever seen Acadia actually crowded, must have been almost 100 people out.

Rather beautiful morning in Vancouver to boot with the sunrise over the city.

By the time the waves died down the wind died down too, so no decent freestyle to be had. Ended up just slogging around waiting for the wind to pick or the tide to come in.

Props to the kid out there learning on that 4m Uno, would not have been an easy day to be learning out there.

Slappy

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR