Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

NW Sunday...

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by adam2 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 pm

Slappy wrote:I'm curious why more people don't come up to Tower Beach at low tide more often. My guess for last Sunday was it was a bit light for them to make it upwind but it still seems people are happier to hang out in the small stuff down at Acadia. Obviously TT riders wouldn't want to be up there either.

I have only seen the break from the West dolphin while on a TT. It is a thing of beauty. Getting to it is a chore especially when our wind windows are so short. I also am usually short on time with my sessions and I will end up settling on the conditions by the West dolphin. The West dolphin can be pretty damn good in itself. Now that i am wfoiling exclusively from Trimble, any time I get halfway close to Tower Beach the wind dies off. On this day I turned around at the East dolphin, because it was so bad. Once I got halfway to Trimble it got better again. The same tidal conditions that make the break are the same ones that necessitate the Trimble/JSC launch for me. One day the planets will align...
adam2

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR