Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Squamish 2020

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by LeopardSkin » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:28 pm

I've had so many low tide days, I'm spoiled. Sunday and Monday's ch-ch-choppy water rattled my head so much, I think I have a concussion!!!
User avatar
LeopardSkin
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Vancouver

by LeopardSkin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:04 am

From https://www.squamishwatershed.com/cerp-updates, spit road cancelled for half a month in August.
User avatar
LeopardSkin
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Vancouver

by JonathanP » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:05 am

FYI, anyone loose a mast base or extension at nexen while ago:
http://kiteboardbc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15109
JonathanP
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:06 pm

by Alton » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:15 am

LeopardSkin wrote:From https://www.squamishwatershed.com/cerp-updates, spit road cancelled for half a month in August.


Are these the m*ther fu**er tree hugging social justice leftists b*st*rds responsible for this g*damned b*sh*t?
Image
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5449
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by telus022420 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:47 pm

From a private email.

"Hi everyone. I just talked to the lady who answered the Squamish River Watershed Society phone.....I asked her about whether the Spit road closure dates were firm and she said that she’s decided (in the last 20 minutes) that they’ll probably delay the project until September. The crazy low tides and short notice are affecting their planning. She said that she’ll make a formal announcement by Friday."
telus022420
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 am

by Alton » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:28 pm

telus022420 wrote:From a private email.

"Hi everyone. I just talked to the lady who answered the Squamish River Watershed Society phone.....I asked her about whether the Spit road closure dates were firm and she said that she’s decided (in the last 20 minutes) that they’ll probably delay the project until September. The crazy low tides and short notice are affecting their planning. She said that she’ll make a formal announcement by Friday."

Thanks Woody!!! Fingers crossed
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5449
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by Alton » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Perfect timing. My 9m kite (under repair) wasn't needed today. 7m+surfboard was perfecto for SW 20-30. Felt more like a wave day with deep well-formed knee to waist high swell in the river mouth. A little gusty but tons of fun from 11am-2pm.

Squamish_Tue_Jul_28.jpg
Squamish_Tue_Jul_28.jpg (69.97 KiB) Viewed 608 times
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5449
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by Alton » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:33 pm

Late start due to conference calls but perfect timing as the late afternoon wind picked up to SW 18-22 after 2pm. Excellent 12m conditions for TT and surfboard. It was an uncrowded 2.5 hrs of fun on the water.

Squamish_Wed_Jul_29.jpg
Squamish_Wed_Jul_29.jpg (69.8 KiB) Viewed 405 times
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5449
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by Brian C » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Paid my dues getting out of Nexen today. Wind direction was chronically SE in the bay, and very light. After a half hour of slog pointing on 6.0/110 I finally made it to the wind line for a fun cruise up to the cliffs. Very high tide made for minor chop off the river mouth.
Felt like I was backcountry skiing - I had to earn my turns!!
Brian C
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:21 pm

by ZeroR2 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Alton wrote:
LeopardSkin wrote:From https://www.squamishwatershed.com/cerp-updates, spit road cancelled for half a month in August.


Are these the m*ther fu**er tree hugging social justice leftists b*st*rds responsible for this g*damned b*sh*t?
Image


LOL! Free speech is alive. Don't mess with Wind & Kite surfers :evil:
ZeroR2
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR