Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Wednesday Brrrrrr ...

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Michael wrote: Was perfect for me!! It was full on 3.7 by the time I got off the water.
Best Easterly I've ever sailed! I think there must have been more North in it than usual as it was easy to get out towards the mile marker but you got pinched coming back in. For about an hour I just sailed south of the boarder and almost sailed to the end of Lilly Point a few times. There was about 5 knots more wind out there and some really big breaking waves, best I've seen down there, like I was freaking out big.

Wow! Congrats. Wish I had the energy to join you but I got too chilled in 2hrs.
Alton

by Michael » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Alton wrote:Wow! Congrats. Wish I had the energy to join you but I got too chilled in 2hrs.
Next time!! Ya it was cold, 2 hours for me and I was done. Had to stop and warm my hands 3 times and feet were completely numb by the end. I'm glad I went out a little later than expected and rigged the 4.3. I actually rigged then realized I had forgotten my gloves at home. By the time I got back the wind was up nicely.
Michael

by C36 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 am

Alton wrote:Holy crap! Glad I got the early session :shock:

Michael wrote: Was perfect for me!! It was full on 3.7 by the time I got off the water.
Best Easterly I've ever sailed! I think there must have been more North in it than usual as it was easy to get out towards the mile marker but you got pinched coming back in. For about an hour I just sailed south of the boarder and almost sailed to the end of Lilly Point a few times. There was about 5 knots more wind out there and some really big breaking waves, best I've seen down there, like I was freaking out big. Sorry Dave, not sorry Johnny, you're on the plane to Maui so think of me in that warm blue water riding logo high sets!!! My last reach out there though there was a lull and it was a hard slog back. The big waves must have been creating a lot of current running south as at times it was hard to get planing on the way back. After that I stayed between 3rd and just past the boarder as there were nice waves around there too, wind really started to crank so I made my way back to Centennial and called it a day. Have fun Johnny, send some pics if you can! :D :D

8-) Glad some were out there enJOYing it (and the Furry Creek crew too)! :D :D :D
C36

by Brian C » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:10 am

Pam Rocks shows 44 gusting 58 knots this morning. Too bad it’s-7c !!!
Brian C

by tweegster » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:21 pm

42g73 and it has warmed up to -5
Attachments
PamRocks_plot36.png
PamRocks_plot36.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 8423 times
tweegster

by Brian C » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Crazy outflows all day in Howe Sound. Apparently they are creating horrible driving conditions on the Sea-to-Sky tonight with the blowing snow and drifts.
Forecast is for them to die down tomorrow and be gone by Friday.
Brian C

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR