by ezzylover » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:31 pm

Locarno
ezzylover

by ezzylover » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Coast guard's found him
Thx guys
ezzylover

by Ryan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:13 pm

This is what Acadia looked like at 9am. 4.5 all day. Jen made it out in the afternoon after recovering from working all night.

IMG_20190427_092826.jpg
IMG_20190427_092826.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 9703 times
Ryan

by 8mdude » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:29 pm

ezzylover wrote:Coast guard's found him
Thx guys

Hope he was all right.

What a fine day for windsurfing and kitesurfing. Double session windsurfing in the morning and kitesurfing in the afternoon

Feels great to be back to windsurfing
8mdude

by Simon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Double session at Arcadia. On the water by 9am, rigged 3.7m and 84l, single fin. Well powered, smaller board might have been good. Iwindsurf showed consistent 30-35mph all morning. Took a few runs for muscles to remember how to do this :o. Nice torso high waves about 3/4 way out to blue water, with ~40 feet of smoooooth water behind. Lots of fun, and great to see so many out enjoying this sunny, windy day :D. Exhausted after a couple of hours, so took a long lunch and rest. Returned in the afternoon, wind had backed off a bit but still steady, smaller waves, and lower tide. Rigged 4.7m, same board, on water for about an hour from 4pm. Felt like a stroll in the park compared to morning session. Great way to finish a perfect day. If only there could be more like this!
Simon

by shmish » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:59 pm

What wetsuits did people use today? I thought about heading out but I didn’t feel confident I could handle the cold with heavy conditions.
shmish

by C36 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:35 pm

OSR wrote:Play to listen.

Michael wrote:I love those OSR's, I think Dave might have lost his mind but I want some pics of those Unicorns!!! Wish there was an Acadia webcam so I could watch the fun.

Pictures as requested - sorry you weren't out there too. Hope the hand heals quick.

Glad to hear you sailed GPP Chuck! 8-)

Unicorn. Almost like the days of old - real wind at Acadia that blew the whole day! No gloves, sun and ramps and rides. Saw Colin and Adrian throwing rotors (forward) and Ryan doing what looks like shakas. David B came up to slice and dice some swell. There was some healthy swell up near the outer pylon and the weird wave was in effect. Some big bowls out in the deep blue water. Felt kookish (off-balance and out of practice) at times and more natural at other times.

Pre-Session OSR
Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
C36

by ShonanDB » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:42 pm

Chuck wrote:Great little splash and dash session at GPP in Steveston before having to leave for son’s hockey.
Nicely powered 4.7 in Gorge-like conditions! Fun fun fun and great to be windsurfing

Good to hear you got to sample GPP today Chuck. Today's wind timed with low tide would have been even better. Went to PR instead today.
ShonanDB

by ShonanDB » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:57 pm

Double session in PR today, first by myself from 8 -10 and then again after Tsawwassen Dave and Phil showed up as I was leaving. Rigged my 3.4 and took out the 73L and that was good for both sessions. Timed the shore break well the 1st session but took a pounding 1st try on session #2. Felt coastal today with chest high waves breaking close to shore. Saw a few head high faces on the outside but they weren't clean. Lots of chop everywhere but found some smooth sections for some backside riding and a couple lip smacks. Overpowered at times so kept the jumps to a minimum but hit a few. Body and hands took a beating from lack of exercise over the last month. Still smiling though :D
DB
ShonanDB

by Alton » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:48 am

Avoided being overpowered on 7m (exaggerated by the Jericho sensor) by heading to White Rock (as suggested by Michael - many thanks). Arrived at 10am to find locals on 5m to 7m kites and a nice sandbar for rigging (10 feet tide) at the reserve.

With 7m totally depowered, I headed out with small waves in the swallows building to chest high breaking waves on the outside. Wind was a little punchy WNW 25-30 gusting 35. Waves 30' apart with clean foamy sections between - fun for plenty of hits over 2 hrs.

Not quite the unicorn westerly session I experienced at White Rock 8 years past (head high with huge spacing) but still plenty of fun wave rides. Good westerlies at White Rock are still my favorite but sadly they are so rare.

Mainly a small crew of 10 very friendly locals with huge smiles including Rob D, Chalmers, Steve R.

Thought I would score a second session at Spanish Banks / Acadia but the tide was dropping fast and reports of chop discouraged me. I learned that my 7m would have been manageable and waves at Acadia were pretty amazing ... too bad I missed them. Instead, I ended up catching kites falling out of the sky and socializing with the Spanish Banks crew.
Alton

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR