Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Wed SE?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by AdrienGrelon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:17 am

AlexK wrote:
The attachment 20180228_114649.jpg is no longer available

Lit in WVan off Erwin Park (the point)...

Nice! I almost went there for a quick lunch time session, but settled for something closer to the office.

IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 4912 times
AdrienGrelon

by C36 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Confused. Bet against the house (WindGuru GFS was calling for afternoon east wind) and lost. From what I saw Alton got the best of the SE wind on the morning shift. I should have known better, no matter how good the GFS and RASP plots looked. :oops: I was hoping for warmer temps, stronger wind and more wind swell and upon arrival it looked to be unfolding according to plan - it was SE gusting to 30+ mph and building (both wind and swell) and the consensus forecast was for it to build to the end of the day, right?

Wrong. The bottom fell out and instead of pleasure, got pain - unsettled, chilly east wind (even with gloves on) and bone jarring cross-chop (even the 'second try' 5.3/115 was stop-start). RyanCR500, Richard and I all tried to milk it for what it was worth, but the wind was so spooky unsettled that more than a couple times I thought I was going to be swimming in. It taunted SE a few times but never really happened. Richard said, "There was five minutes that was pretty good." I'd say that was being kind.

pre-launch OSR
mid-session OSR

mini-gallery (better for mobile devices)
slideshow (lots of forecast data, not much bling)
C36

by Adrian L » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:09 am

AdrienGrelon wrote:
AlexK wrote:
20180228_114649.jpg

Lit in WVan off Erwin Park (the point)...

Nice! I almost went there for a quick lunch time session, but settled for something closer to the office.

IMG_0052.JPG

Cates again eh! Good on ya!
Regarding Erwin i have only heard good things about this
Have to try it out sometime...

C36 wrote:Confused. It taunted SE a few times but never really happened. Richard said, "There was five minutes that was pretty good." I'd say that was being kind)

Been there before... Most likely the most challenging part of this sport is the let downs...
Adrian L

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR