Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Wind This Week

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Alton » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Day 3 - Risk averse so waited patiently for civilized conditions. Pinched out the last hour with 9m + surfboard from 12:30-1:30pm under SUNNY sky. Steady SSE 18-22 mostly flat so had to hunt for waves. Finally found some nice waist high wave outside of the boat launch. Only 4 of us (kiters) left on the water before it tanked.

What a great way to start 2018 - 3 wave sessions + 2 snowboarding sessions all in 1 week :D

Boundary_Bay_Sun_Jan_21.gif
Boundary_Bay_Sun_Jan_21.gif (24.18 KiB) Viewed 15520 times
Alton

by john m » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm

Great pictures Dave and a couple epic days on the water.
Nice backloop yesterday.
Thanks again
john m

by LeopardSkin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Noon launch. 30 knots. 6 1/2' mackers (I learned that word from Michael). Wooooo! Wind was very floaty.
LeopardSkin

by Lubo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks for the pictures Dave.
Lubo

by Triton » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi Dave, great sailing with you and Lubo this morning (short as it was). Thanks for the pictures! Almost every shot I'm either sinking the tail or getting launched, it was not pretty! That was one of the wildest days on the water I've seen.
Triton

by Slappy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Had to catch the afternoon shift today, on the water from 1:15 - 2:25 with 12m + SB.

Sunny skies and gentle winds with a wind/wave angle for starboard jumps lasted for about 40 minutes and then the switch came. I managed to keep riding right through the switch from SE to SW and had a solid 20 minutes of off shore SW wind in shallow water. A bit gusty but still quite fun. The SW wind was directly sideshore with the waves so even though the waves were small at that point it was very interesting to experience sideshore waves.

Wind eventually dropped down to only 7-8 knots SW and I had a 20 min walk back to shore.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NEPzViOuBunFPSII3
Slappy

by Faceplant » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 pm

David you got some amazing pics there!!!
Faceplant

by gabrielb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 am

9am Pr... George, good call for not surfing at this place.

I'll post picture from inside marina soon (logs everywhere even inside the PR marina, friend with boat was showing me).
gabrielb

by C36 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Adrian L wrote:Trees are sideways here in NV; was I ever wrong saying windless weekend. lol
Argh! This no driving business is killin' me, technically cannot be on the water either for two more months; make sure i don't have any seizures, crash my truck, or, drown windsurfing... A long story... Bullsh*t is how it is, but necessary unfortunately...
Hope everyone has a wicked day out there today. look forward to hearing about it... cheers

Sorry to hear the restrictions are back in place Adrian, but glad to hear they are only temporary. It sounds like the two are coupled (driving and windsurfing), but if there is ever a time when you get the green light to sail, but need a ride (or anything else), please let us know and we'll make it happen!

tweegster wrote:7 stitches later, good as new...

Hope you heal quickly!

Thanks all for the compliments on the pictures! They are always appreciated. 8-)
Faceplant wrote:David you got some amazing pics there!!!

When the sun popped out the lighting was so dramatic - I figured I had better snap a few (as it doesn't happen that often at CNL). :D ;)

Triton wrote:Hi Dave, great sailing with you and Lubo this morning (short as it was). Thanks for the pictures! Almost every shot I'm either sinking the tail or getting launched, it was not pretty! That was one of the wildest days on the water I've seen.

:lol: That was fun for sure! You were cranking! Don't take the shots personally they are just moments in time and I included a few 'off balance' ones to give a sense of what the day was like. All the ones taken further out you were ripping along (board flat) you just can't see because the waves are in the way!

john m wrote:Great pictures Dave and a couple epic days on the water.
Nice backloop yesterday.
Thanks again

Thanks John. They are still very much a work in progress for me, but the set-up on Saturday sure was fun for launching them (felt like more height and better rotation)! :D
Baby steps - feedback is always welcome.
C36

by Adrian L » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Awesome dave! Thanks...
If an epic CB day arrives i may have to break the rules and make a shout out...
cheers 8-)
Adrian L

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR