Sunday Easterly

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by gabrielb » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:52 pm

2017 is starting to feel like ...

d.jpg
d.jpg (4.56 KiB) Viewed 4152 times
gabrielb

by C36 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:41 am

gabrielb wrote:C36, getting naked ... :shock: there is just no privacy these days...
...hopefully more wind

:shock: :oops: :twisted: WHAT!!! :D Lucky for me I put on my shorts before I swung the door of the van open. :D ;)
And thankfully there was more wind, a lot more! :D :D :D

The Beastside Performance Art Show delivered on all counts: Transient post KC7-Renegade Gallery, Sunday at Admiral Tyron Blvd. Colourful, wind powered, with marine and terrestrial mammals in their natural environment. Otherside not in attendance. But no pig.

Gentle start (5.3/115), amped up (4.5/92), rock`n (4.0/92) and then gentle cool down (5.3/115).

Arrived just as Udder was leaving the beach, but he returned after my leisurely walk up the beach to the river and back. Wind was light, but filling in and Udder was keen to get out there so I joined him on `twin` gear (same board and similar sail and matching helMUTTS). Started the session off with a party wave with Udder! Crowd swelled as the wind rose. Wind was slightly side-off at first and slightly punchy making the early going more work than expected. Bullet rain gave way to hints of sun! Waves were modest but smooth valleys and playful pushes were offered most of the time (bit of a late session lull). The pictures in the gallery below help to tell the rest of the story. It was pretty special day – rumour had it Udder and Eastside even shared a party wave! Lots of friendly faces, lots of fun and many smiles were had!

As Udder declared this to be “the warmest day of the year so far”, I sailed without gloves and the morning chill was enough to make my hands burn out on the water and smart during the initial thaw. Temps warmed into the afternoon.

Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
C36

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR