Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Friday SE?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:49 am

Super fun day! Over powered most of the time and some big ramps made for some interesting back loop attempts. Made one all the way around but landed on top of my gear.
Most attempts I lost my gear though, still fun but punishing, very sore tonight.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 12.40.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 12.40.26 AM.png (3.71 MiB) Viewed 8681 times
Michael

by Alton » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:06 am

Michael - love this picture. You look like an astronaut on a space walk.

Alton

by Alton » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:25 am

AdrienGrelon wrote:Alton, get it right: It was "Adrian" and not "Adrien" who was out there today!! :lol: :(

I had to do a language test for immigration today so there was no way I could sneak out even for a bit... oh well, it seems like we're back in Oh-six, so I'm expecting more shortly.

Hope everyone made the most of it. ALWAYS windy on Friday. As sure as the sun rises...

It wasn't a misspelling. I actually thought you were at Centennial. Friday morning, there were so many windsurfers (outnumbering kiters), it was confusing keeping track of all the new sail / board combinations you guys ride. I got your bright colours reversed with J's.

Language test? WTF? You have a better grasp of the English language than most Canadians. Immigration should grant you diplomatic status for the "Ambassador of Stoke".
Alton

by Adrian L » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:31 am

Michael great shot man!
Personally, It looks like your mixing turn tables. Now that's crashing in style! Lol
Great day yesterday! Good work on the backies!!!
Adrian L

by Mike » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:43 am

Good day yesterday!

Fastest windsurfer - C36 (but that was off the water) :D

Best photo - Michael (crash photos are the best!)

Took it so easy I did no water starts (only beach starts). Not a status thing for me. Still got out to play in the good centennial waves WAY out there. Not sore during but later and this morning :evil:
Mike

by ShonanDB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:05 am

Michael wrote:Super fun day! Over powered most of the time and some big ramps made for some interesting back loop attempts. Made one all the way around but landed on top of my gear.
Most attempts I lost my gear though, still fun but punishing, very sore tonight.

Great pic: "Superfly" Michael

I went for 2 but landed on my back once and upside down on the 2nd and rung my bell pretty good so stuck to riding after that. Surprising even with the helmet and hooded suit that it still hurts! :oops:
ShonanDB

by Brian C » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 am

Just to add one more happy voice.... yesterday was great! I was on the morning shift, starting just after 930 and off the water by 1130 am, and had an awesome two hours. Managed to stay on the 5.0 the whole time by switching boards as the wind ramped up, although the last 30 minutes were getting ridiculous. At the end I had to sail downwind and the inside only, but enjoyed some surprisingly nice (though smaller) swell there too. Definitely needed the 4.0 by the time I quit! Would have rigged down earlier but my available time was short and I didn't want to lose the sailing time.
Probably the last warm session of this season, but great to end with such a good one!
Brian C

by Ryancr500 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:06 am

Had a blast yesterday! Was overpowered the entire time on my 4.5M but I had a 2 hour window of sailing time so I hung on. Wind was solid and had no trouble keeping upwind.. actually had to sail upwind most of the time to scrub a little wind from my sail. Fun all the way out, even the chop off shore made some nice ramps but hard to build up good speed. Waves further out were well organized but being overpowered with jelly for arms made it a little difficult to navigate gracefully. Coming in was the best... many nice waves to carve down! Took a few high speed wipeouts but no injuries. Great to see everyone on the water and wish i could have kept sailing!!!
Ryancr500

by gabrielb » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:50 am

The skull, tuque, under the helmet helps with bumps.
If I were jumping with all that gear up in the air, 25 lbs of it.

Surfboard is 4lbs and some hits you feel it, can't imagine 25 lbs. Best windsurfers have full mask on when training triple jumps.
gabrielb

by george » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:54 am

Way to go everyone! Sounds like another epic day. Those waves look fantastic. Nice pics Dave and Michael, and thanks to all for the tales and stoke.
Way to go Dave, with that streak. Amazing the commitment, though I knew this once when I saw you in the winter on a windy day last year, when most people had pasty white skin, and you had this funky circular brown facial tan, with white skin surrounding it, haha... serious wetsuit face, in winter.
Great to read about the sessions, and see all the pics. Keep on keeping on with those tiny sails, jumping/upside down shots, and stories. Love to read everyone's rendition and feel the thrill. See you out there soon.
george

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR