Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boundary bay sensor

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Faceplant » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Thanks for the update Michael. Earlier in the year I had the privilege to meet a dude that just moved into one of the houses right at the spot where we pump kites. Maybe we should keep an eye out for this guy and run it by him. You'd think a fellow wind addict would be willing to help.
Faceplant

by Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:45 am

Anyone know if inquires have been made with the park to have it on the building with the centennial beach cafe?
Mike

by Michael » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:00 am

Brian C wrote:I wonder if the host of the webcam would be willing to have the sensor there? It seems close to the right part of the beach, if it was roof-mounted.

It's too far back, they want a place right on the water with good exposure.

Mike wrote:Anyone know if inquires have been made with the park to have it on the building with the centennial beach cafe?

Yes, I did but have not heard back yet. I also told iwindsurf to as well, a few times, but I'm not sure if they have yet.
Michael

by ShonanDB » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 am

There are a few houses right on the water that have flag poles up and would be ideal locations. Does anyone know them or know someone who does?
The border marker is a large concrete structure that could be good as well but I'm not sure who to contact to ask.

There is also a small apartment building with 2 or 3 apartments right behind the border marker that I've seen some Kiters staying at that may have Wifi to tap into. The apartment is on the Canadian side. Again, not sure who/ how to contact.
ShonanDB

by Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Michael wrote:
Brian C wrote:I wonder if the host of the webcam would be willing to have the sensor there? It seems close to the right part of the beach, if it was roof-mounted.

It's too far back, they want a place right on the water with good exposure.

Mike wrote:Anyone know if inquires have been made with the park to have it on the building with the centennial beach cafe?

Yes, I did but have not heard back yet. I also told iwindsurf to as well, a few times, but I'm not sure if they have yet.

I just sent a message to iwindsurf that includes a contract email to the park. I'm told that if they send the query it will be directed to the decision maker who will respond. I also asked that they let me know what happens.
Mike

by john m » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:29 pm

I cancelled my subscription :(
john m

by C36 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Mike wrote:I just sent a message to iwindsurf that includes a contact email to the park. I'm told that if they send the query it will be directed to the decision maker who will respond. I also asked that they let me know what happens.

Hope you get a response. Did the same thing back in September - radio silence ~
C36

by Slappy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Think we'll ever get our bbay sensor back?
Slappy

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR