Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Saturday SE

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by ShonanDB » Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 pm

Is it still sailable? Please post an OSR if you are still at the beach.

DB
ShonanDB

by LeopardSkin » Sat May 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Still windy. Tide getting low.
LeopardSkin

by Alton » Sat May 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Pleasantly surprised to score a strong SE Boundary Bay session this time of year. SSE 25-30 from 9am-1pm on 7m+surfboard. First kiters on the water with James, Faceplant (9m), Dave B (8m) and Clay (7m). Riding the surfboard strapless through the chop for the first 2 hours was kind of frustrating. Spent too much energy focused on foot work and hunting for clean waves. Came in and mounted my straps at 11am ... so much better to blast through the chop and score some nice jumps. Followed Jerry and Rob D way outside to find silky smooth shoulder high breaking waves space 50'+ feet apart. We were in heaven cranking S-turns so effortlessly.

Huge turn out. Started getting shallow and ran out of gas by 1pm so called it a day :D

Boundary_Bay_Sat_May_28.gif
Boundary_Bay_Sat_May_28.gif (19.75 KiB) Viewed 8060 times
Alton

by Michael » Sat May 28, 2016 4:07 pm

That was awesome! 4.7 for 3 hours, was going to pack it in when Chuck arrived but his stoke and fine loopage kept me on the water! The waves were sweet with some nice steep ramps, I got in some really nice back loop attempts and the wave riding was wicked fun.
Michael

by Roxstock » Sat May 28, 2016 4:29 pm

I got on the water with my 9m and tt at 11:00 and I think I timed it perfectly. The waves were so sweet, then after 1 hour there was some nice flat water in the pools. Summer can wait if we can get more days like that.
Roxstock

by Faceplant » Sat May 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Alton you have stamina! I was bagged after 2 hours. Dehydrated! Lady in the big yellow house offered me a bottle of water ( i forgot mine at home ) when I asked her if I could drink from her garden hose. The wind was sublime and majestic. The gusts were manageable which was astounding. Once in the outstanding deep water, the waves would sometimes jack up and deliver resplendent ramps to slash upon.
What a day! The empathetic nature of the people on shore made it easy to launch and land kites while trying to negotiate the potentially portentous and deadly logs.
Faceplant

by Brad R » Sat May 28, 2016 5:35 pm

I scored a nice 4.7 session at 1001 steps. SSE wind was perfect. Nice clean sets rolling through, well spaced and nice wind angle. Glad everyone scored today.
Brad R

by Chuck » Sat May 28, 2016 7:00 pm

:D :D :D
Day of the Farkin Year!!!!

Stoke overflowing! Finest waves I have seen outside of the Oregon Coast and Maui, bar none! :o

WAYYYY more wind than forecast, LIT 5.2 when I arrived to some Schweet Schweet Schwell pumping over the outside banks, could easily have been 4.7. Ate shit on my backie attempts so focused on wave rides and loopage. The hate was flowing :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted:
Went for a few Pozo inspired DTL frontside rides and made a few: swell size certainly helped to link the turns!

High wind wavesailing is fucking awesome, bring on the Oregon Coast! :)

Switched to the kite for the last hour on the falling tide, fun ripping between the sandbars on the TT and 9m!

One of the best days this year!

Shout out to Cash for the loan of the big kite I most certainly didn't need after ripping the canopy of my big kite at Locust on Thurs :roll:

AGsorry brother, today was fuckin' A! Kept searching for the Arrows sail to make an appearance
Chuck

by ShonanDB » Sat May 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Missed the morning session but caught a solid hour of 5.3 and 73L at the boat launch from 2:15 until 3:15. Nice waves for the first 30 minutes but as the tide dropped it became choppy and you had to really look for clean waves. Decent starboard jumps to be had and nice backside riding on the way in when there were waves. Wave faces were thigh to waist high with the occasional chest high roller on the outside. Came in for some food and by the time I went back out the wind backed way off and teased for a while but the walk was too far to consider re-rigging and walking back out at least a km to sail. Decent but short day - nice to get on the water as it has been a few weeks.
ShonanDB

by Richi » Sat May 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Exactly what Chuck said!
And thanks again for the downwind Shuttle Michael, I'll have a beer in the van for the next one ;)
Richi

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR