Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Dogfish delivers!

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Chuck » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Just back from a phenomenal afternoon down off Chuckanut drive south of Bellingham at Dogfish Point. LIT 9m (I know, right?) with a few inches of depower pulled.

Hit the water and it was gusting high twenties into the thirties...Hunter sensor showed how good it was :D :D

Just four of us out on kites ranging from 7-10m. Fun to watch Cash boosting and try and match him for airtime.

Sunny, warm, spring is here no doubt!
Chuck

by C36 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 am

Chuck wrote:Just back from a phenomenal afternoon down off Chuckanut drive south of Bellingham at Dogfish Point. LIT 9m (I know, right?) with a few inches of depower pulled.

Hit the water and it was gusting high twenties into the thirties...Hunter sensor showed how good it was :D :D

Just four of us out on kites ranging from 7-10m. Fun to watch Cash boosting and try and match him for airtime.

Sunny, warm, spring is here no doubt!

Nice! What was the water state like?
C36

by Chuck » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:52 am

Surprisingly flat, given the wind speeds...some rolling chop further out. Not sure if its due to how localized the wind was at the spot or how shallow the Bay is there but was expecting more in the wave department. Glad I didn't hump the surfboard down there, the access trail makes the Locust hike a walk in the park.
It is, however, a phenomenal low-tide option for Samish Bay. With little in the forecast on Mon evening I was surprised to see TJ's so bullish on wind for Tuesday afternoon. Only one skunk so far out of a dozen trips south, TJ's is remarkably effective esp with the NW thermals. Looking forward to more :D
Chuck

by Slappy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Is Dogfish Point worth going to over the much easier access at Hunter Beach?
Slappy

by Chuck » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:31 am

Dogfish is the venue to go to if:
A) Tide is too low for Hunter and there is little water in Samish Bay
B) you feel the need to see a bunch of naked schlongs running around. Wreck beach minus the female contingent, if you catch my drift

Otherwise Hunter would be the go-to spot
Chuck

Return to Weather Talk and OSR