Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

S Thursday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by C36 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:21 pm

M, FP, AG, DB: Thanks for the comments on the pictures. Appreciated as always. :D

AdrienGrelon wrote:Thanks for the pics, as always, Dave! The shot with the birds and the waves breaking is very dramatic.

Glad to hear Cash is all good and big ups to James for dragging the best beard in town back in. Hope he can find his 10m downwind somewhere...

Michael wrote:Thanks for taking the time to take pics Dave, those shots of me you can really see the wave height. :!: Nice :!: I'm sure that ate into your sailing time this morning.

Wasn't too bad - a few minutes while I was looking at the conditions just after I arrived and a few minutes just before taking to the water while the three others were out (tried to grab a least one of each sailor). Bit of a grab bag of sample shots, but I thought those not there would be interested in seeing the conditions.

I like the "What's that sound?" expression on your face in shot 3829 of your series. :D ;)
C36

by Ryancr500 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:32 pm

The pictures are great David and really appreciated!! I tried with little success to grab a few with my wet iPhone but yours are way better! Ryan
Ryancr500

by Alton » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Storm surge caused lots of damage:

1. Bill (at Cypress) told me that the dirt road parallel to the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal causeway (leading to the boat launch) is no longer accessible. Plenty of erosion and debris. No bad for windsurfers.

2. Not sure if Bill also mentioned lots of erosion at Crescent Beach - TBD

3. Chalmers regarding East Beach (White Rock): "Lot of damage there, we have lost another couple of feet of the grassy area by the bear and Scott will have to build another set of steps down to the sand. The promenade is closed and a clean up is going on. Again there has been a lot of erosion in a couple of spots."
Alton

by C36 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Alton wrote:Storm surge caused lots of damage:

1. Bill (at Cypress) told me that the dirt road parallel to the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal causeway (leading to the boat launch) is no longer accessible. Plenty of erosion and debris. No bad for windsurfers.

2. Not sure if Bill also mentioned lots of erosion at Crescent Beach - TBD

3. Chalmers regarding East Beach (White Rock): "Lot of damage there, we have lost another couple of feet of the grassy area by the bear and Scott will have to build another set of steps down to the sand. The promenade is closed and a clean up is going on. Again there has been a lot of erosion in a couple of spots."

C36

by tweegster » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Here is a pic of the White Rock Pier from 6:45AM Thursday. Too bad for the guy's sailboat sail that unfurled, it got tattered.

Sad I had to work, I saw a wave spray into the parking lot. To get to work I had to drive through the Little Campbell river that had overflowed it's bank and onto Marine drive. Then 216th was blocked by a downed tree around 32nd, so I back tracked to 208th which also blocked by a larger downed tree, so back tracked again 200th and just made it to a morning meeting.

Had my daughter in the evening but checked out the grass, it took a beating. It blew SW about 20kts from 4-5:45, some nice waves, but tide was too high for best shape. After the wind died, the angle would have been perfect for sunset pier shots on thigh highs.

Exciting day even if I was living vicariously. Glad Cash is okay.
DSC_0334.JPG
DSC_0334.JPG (4.18 MiB) Viewed 8402 times
tweegster

by tweegster » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:15 pm

WREB.PNG
Stolen off wife's facebook
WREB.PNG (506.24 KiB) Viewed 8391 times
tweegster

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR