Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Sunday S to SW to Westerly?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by tweegster » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Awesome shots Roxstock, the second one with the SUP going down in the foreground.

Had a fun session with Chalmers, James, Derek and myself. Lit to overpowered on my 15M, big jumps. Nice sunset.
tweegster

by Alton » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Double session. Snowboarding at Cypress was disappointing with fresh but sticky snow and massive waiting times after the second run so I went home for a nap.

AJ's OSR lured me to Spanish Banks at 2pm. Chris Glacier was overpowered foiling. AJ (6m), Alejandro (10m) and Bill (10m) were my overpowered wind dummies so 7m (full depower) was the right call. Steady WNW 30 made for an easy launch which is rare at Spanish Banks.

Epic shoulder high steep waves perfect for port side jumping. Strong breaking waves with smooth foamy 40' spacing between perfect for hero gybes. Fun riding with AJ (windsurfing) and Richi (windsurfing 4.5) who was slashing waves and knocked off some sweet jumps.

Eventually, everyone was too overpowered and left me riding solo. All those sweet waves all to myself under sunset sky with a rainbow over the North Shore. After 1.5 hours, I decided to quit while I was ahead since it was getting too dark to spot the logs and debris close to shore and a massive breaking wave closed out on me tossing me off my board.

Definitely, my best session ever at Spanish Banks without any incidents. No kite falling out of the sky, no lost surfboard. Just 100% fun in the waves.
Alton

by Faceplant » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:26 pm

That sounds awesome Alton! Wait times on the mountain are a drag. Sunset rainbow and waves are sweeeeeeet!
Faceplant

by Alton » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Faceplant wrote:That sounds awesome Alton! Wait times on the mountain are a drag. Sunset rainbow and waves are sweeeeeeet!

Actually, today's session felt a lot like West Beach (Joseph Whidbey State Park) but without the cross shore current.
Alton

by 8mdude » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Alton wrote: All those sweet waves all to myself under sunset sky with a rainbow over the North Shore.

Feels good to be selfish, especially this time of the year :-)
8mdude

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR