Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Backloops Time

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by AdrienGrelon » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:13 pm

You gonna be out tomorrow, Chuck?? Leave the kite at home! I wanna try table forwards :D
AdrienGrelon

by Chuck » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:59 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:You gonna be out tomorrow, Chuck?? Leave the kite at home! I wanna try table forwards :D

I'd sure like to try, I missed Thursday's festivities as I've been quite sick with a killer head/chest cold. Also have a 11 yr old birthday party/sleepover to prepare for :P
I'll do my best to make an appearance, can't really trash talk unless I'm out there throwing down alongside :P :P
Chuck

by Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Chuck wrote:I'd sure like to try, I missed Thursday's festivities as I've been quite sick with a killer head/chest cold. Also have a 11 yr old birthday party/sleepover to prepare for :P
I'll do my best to make an appearance, can't really trash talk unless I'm out there throwing down alongside :P :P

I think I see the real reason you don't want chatter about tomorrow my loopy friend :).

Visualize - it's gonna be great!
Mike

by C36 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Chuck wrote:Less talking more doing! :D :D :D

Just launch at 3rd and follow Daniel around (only guy I have ever seen land a back loop cleanly windsurfing at CNL). Then do as he does. :D ;)

Mike wrote:Adrien - I found the same thing about rotating too fast when trying to turn too soon - on high wind the rotation can be harsh. Better more height allows things to slow. The pulling of the back foot is something to think about. I wonder if this puts you in position to push the tail down and nose up on landing??

Chris - Your concept of thinking about the forward motion makes a lot of sense and that did not occur to me. I'm thinking this is where the upwind jump pointing the nose straight up comes in. Usually the flaw in a move is not where it fails, rather a step or two before you are out of position.

I found what SM says in this one helpful - small wave loopy pop versus larger, steeper wave high jump, stall at apex.
C36

by Windsurfdan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 pm

The Back loop The best loop of all but sometime the trickiest one to land.
Wind direction: Side to side off. Ramp steep. Wind don't need to be to power up. What I found that work for me is if you are too powered up just before taking off on a ramp sheet in hard and as you rocket into the rotation look over your shoulder, tuck in and spot a landing. Commit to this You don't need to be 25' up in the air. You can easily do a back loop on a 2' wave.
Dan
Windsurfdan

by AdrienGrelon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:34 pm

A little snippet from Windsurfing Now 1.2. I'm probably breaching some copyright spreading the love, so enjoy :D
Attachments
backloopinstruction.jpg
backloopinstruction.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 20923 times
AdrienGrelon

by Mike » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:18 am

Thanks for sharing. There are some very relevant pointers. Need another set of days but too bad we're stuck in "end of days."
Mike

by Alton » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:22 am

For full resolution download/file.php?id=3553
Alton

by AdrienGrelon » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks for the full pop link, Alton. Not sure why the attachment link softens the quality slightly...

Mike, I also found a few pointers in there that are helpful/make sense to me based on how my current attempts have gone. 2-3 more good Columbia days and I think I can claim one - no time to muck around in 2016 8-)

Also, we should get a general WTF thread on OR Coast 2016 setup soon, as I hear rumors of a few different serious pole dancers signing up! :D Would be awesome to coordinate dates with others long in advance. I will probably try to push for a 2-3 week window of possible time off with work, so that I have options in terms of the forecast. Right now it would probably be sometime I June I think..
AdrienGrelon

by AdrienGrelon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:32 pm

AdrienGrelon

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR