Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

SE Monday Local

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by C36 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:11 pm

I like November! A lot like last Thursday, only better water and less stable wind (gustier for sure). Uber fun jumping today nice (a few felt big) vertical airs in both directions. Even got in a few more `browards`(forward attempts for the bro`s at work) WITH THE BOARD this time (sort of), thanks to Chuck for the nudging. Really enjoying the frontside tries (there were even a few with Chuck right off the launch) and traded a set further out with Alton (kite). Saw George (kite) and M ripping some of the large waves out past the second bank. Nice to only have one board and one rig to set-up and take-down. Glad Johnny made it back in and found his board - hope the rig turns up too.

Pre-Session OSR

Gallery
Slideshow

george wrote:Great day. The lost rig will be down in the northwest corner of the bay, amongst all the goo. Good you're okay.
Great swell, just follow the windsurfers. I have to say, the windsurfing community has really stepped up their game, compared to back in the day. Lots of nice ripping turns, and last Thursday some guy with a yellow sail was just egregiously chucking himself into backloops all day, haha, was good to see.
See you guys tomorrow!
George

:idea: My guess is that was Daniel (also kites) who was sailing up off of 3rd on Thursday. Very skilled sailor for sure.

The respect flows both ways George. I really enjoy sharing the water when your out there! 8-) :D
C36

by Alton » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:26 pm

C36 wrote:... traded a set further out with Alton (kite).

That was fun gybing around each other :D

C36 wrote:...
Gallery
Slideshow

Who's riding the green/white Goya sail? Saw him many times lately. Would like to place a name to the sail?

Alton

by Mike » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Yep, that was great. Today and last Thursday I think are of the best for Centennial. Had to go way out for the waves and you could ride as much as you want as your so lit up it's easy to get back upwind.

Alton - I think that's Dave (not C36). He and I were last windsurfers on water mid afternoon would the wind picked up to overpowered 3.7.
Mike

by Michael » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:39 pm

C36 wrote:I like November!
:D :D

Thanks for the pics Dave. Talk about out of control, I could barely keep my board on the water at times. Tomorrow I'm switching to the tri fin set up, hope that helps.
Michael

by C36 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Mike wrote:Yep, that was great. Today and last Thursday I think are of the best for Centennial. Had to go way out for the waves and you could ride as much as you want as your so lit up it's easy to get back upwind.

Alton - I think that's Dave (not C36). He and I were last windsurfers on water mid afternoon would the wind picked up to overpowered 3.7.

DaveN - used to sail an AHD, now on Fanatic Quad.
C36

by Richi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Johnny wrote:Wasn't just right for me. Lost my rig today. Let me know if you find a white 3.2 on a 340 mast

Oh man, I hope that wasn't a certain 3.2 that was at your wedding, and everyone signed their well wishes on it. I predict taking that thing out in stormy seas today is going to cause stormy seas in the relationship tonight :D

Just joking, Im sure the wife is just happy that your alive and well, we all are!

Good luck hunting tomorrow ;)
Richi

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR