Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Westerly Wednesday JWSP

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Chris Klohn » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Race Rocks bumped up from W23 to W29 at 2pm and Whidbey up from W18 to W22 at 2pm. 7.5 hours and still going 8-)
Attachments
image.jpeg
Bump Up To W22 @ 2:00pm
image.jpeg (95.54 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
Chris Klohn

by Faceplant » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:21 pm

I thought I just replied. It's vanished! :x
Arrived at 9 to lighter than expects conditions. 10 and 12 meter kites were needed. Guys with 8 and 9 were underpowered. Shore break was max 4 feet with some head high rollers out back some a bit bigger with steep faces for good jumps. 12 became tough to hang on to around 11. Wind ramped up again. We took off for lunch. Tomorrow is a big day at double bluff. Wife is ready to give me all the time I need. I tried to get to the water by the military base. Got stopped at the gate. Full vehicle turn around procedure backed up traffic trying to legitimately enter the base. I felt like a loser! lol. Had to see if there was a way!
Thanks for all the updates and forecasting Chris. You were bang on!!
Faceplant

by Chris Klohn » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Awesome news!

I'm stoked that you got some time on the water in the big waves powered up. Overhead conditions are always a rush down there. I've never heard of anyone trying to enter the military base at the NAS.........wind crazy :D Your wife and son probably saved you from vehicle impoundment.

Too funny when you said the wind came up at 11:00...........we went for lunch. I know all about that having a young family myself. Tomorrow's the real deal down at Useless for sure. The heavy rains should stay up near the border with the warm front and the winds will build quickly down south. Hope you brought a 6-7 meter kite 8-)

Enjoy!
Chris Klohn

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR