Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Friday Westerly?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Flysurfer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:58 pm

dont you hate that?:
you are one of the only 2 cars left behind at duke point and then the full ferry to twassen takes off without you :evil:

however, i then scored a nice session in nanaimo in the late afternoon!...
so when looking at the graph of the ferry terminal : glad i missed the ferry :D
Flysurfer

by Brian C » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Nice late afternoon slalom session at Locarno. Needed 7.0/110l but it worked well from 430 - 6pm. Light near the shore but good once you got out. Enjoyed with Lubo on his 8.0 and Andrew (I think) on his classic 6.2/Mistral Screamer. Saw you for a few minutes Richi but I think it was a bit light for 5.8
Brian C

by Slappy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Had a very underpowered session from 3:30-5:30. The JSCA graph showed 15 knots but it was no where near that up at Dog Beach. Maybe 12-13 for most of the time with a few nice gusts.

Launched on the grass again for fear of the doggies. When the wind was dying at 5:15 I almost landed at the beach but all the after work dogs were running amok so I opted to wrap up in the water at the grass.

Happy that lifeguard season is over in a few days.
Slappy

by Alton » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:31 am

Roxstock wrote:I just launched slappy, he is holding ground but really having to work the kite. The wind at dog beach is light with a few kites pumped and ready waiting for it to fill in a bit.

Slappy wrote:Had a very underpowered session from 3:30-5:30. The JSCA graph showed 15 knots but it was no where near that up at Dog Beach. Maybe 12-13 for most of the time with a few nice gusts.

Launched on the grass again for fear of the doggies. When the wind was dying at 5:15 I almost landed at the beach but all the after work dogs were running amok so I opted to wrap up in the water at the grass.

Happy that lifeguard season is over in a few days.

Yikes :shock: I was heading to dog beach for a double session but detoured home when I saw Roxstock's OSR. Thanks for the OSR and the report.
Alton

by Alton » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:37 am

Flysurfer wrote:dont you hate that?:
you are one of the only 2 cars left behind at duke point and then the full ferry to twassen takes off without you :evil:

however, i then scored a nice session in nanaimo in the late afternoon!...
so when looking at the graph of the ferry terminal : glad i missed the ferry :D

Good one Marcus. Looks like you were kiting alone by the appearance of the BWD Sail Log
Alton

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR