Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Arctic Session Fri Dec 6

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by LeopardSkin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:44 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:Ice on the board and wishbone...

Wow, the wishbone must've froze your hands! Could you still get your feet into the foot-stirrups on the hull? Hopefully the keel didn't hit any ice!
LeopardSkin

by AdrienGrelon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:49 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:Wow, the wishbone must've froze your hands! Could you still get your feet into the foot-stirrups on the hull? Hopefully the keel didn't hit any ice!

I meant boom. Please accept my apologies, I've spent one too many months in France, where a boom is known as a wishbone.

Back in Van in Jan, with a driving license this time round. The wind better show up, cause I'm gonna be putting in work on Vulcans.
AdrienGrelon

by LeopardSkin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 pm

I actually did mean to say wishbone. Sometimes I refer to it as the carrying handle.

The sail. The pole. The bow. The stern. The hull. And my DaKine trapeze.

I've been windsurfing so long I remember terms that aren't used anymore. People used to say sailboarding or boardsailing, wishbone, tie-on boom, clamp-on boom, storm sail (ie. a small sail), etc.
Last edited by LeopardSkin on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LeopardSkin

by LeopardSkin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:41 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:
Back in Van in Jan, with a driving license this time round.

You may be required to have a licensed codriver if you have one of those L or N things on the back of the car.

Hopefully you have room for two quivers.
LeopardSkin

by Michael » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Chris Klohn wrote:Awesome Guys :D
You do realize that you can't complain about Point Roberts being scary now :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Chris

Actually the deep water and sailing off shore in the current still freaks me out. :D
Because of the low tide we were sailing in waist deep water the whole time. Probably the only reason I went out. My last jibe of the day I feel in and was over my head and that was it, and also that the sun had just moved behind the trees and the temp dropped right away. :shock:
Sailing on an easterly at low tide up by the boarder is actually a very nice spot. Hope we get out again soon as things look like they are warming up again. When are you coming back to the coast?
Michael

by 8mdude » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Michael wrote:
Chris Klohn wrote:Awesome Guys :D
You do realize that you can't complain about Point Roberts being scary now :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Chris

Actually the deep water and sailing off shore in the current still freaks me out. :D
Because of the low tide we were sailing in waist deep water the whole time. Probably the only reason I went out. My last jibe of the day I feel in and was over my head and that was it, and also that the sun had just moved behind the trees and the temp dropped right away. :shock:
Sailing on an easterly at low tide up by the boarder is actually a very nice spot. Hope we get out again soon as things look like they are warming up again. When are you coming back to the coast?

And don't forget the huge sea lion swimming around Pt. Bob just waiting for the perfect opportunity to bite.
8mdude

by AdrienGrelon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 am

LeopardSkin wrote:
AdrienGrelon wrote:
Back in Van in Jan, with a driving license this time round.

You may be required to have a licensed codriver if you have one of those L or N things on the back of the car.

Hopefully you have room for two quivers.

I got a full french license. Normally I can show up and roll with it for 3 months in BC without restrictions, whilst I get it transferred to a BC one and/or do the local test.
AdrienGrelon

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR