Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Westerly Friday?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Acadia was fun!! Nice wind and waves with lots of smiling faces afterwards!! It's been a long time since I've had a good Acadia sesh! Sailed at least 3 hours without a break totally exhausted.
Michael

by LeopardSkin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:33 pm

Jack1587 wrote:
LeopardSkin wrote: Great tune-up for the weekend sesh

What weekend sesh? Squamish?

Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LeopardSkin

by Jack1587 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Someone who is still in for squamish this weekend :D
Jack1587

by AdrienGrelon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Jack1587 wrote:

I'll be there too!

Yup, awesome sunset sesh at Acadia!

Ramps were definitely lining up better for port jumping and having not thrown a port forward for probably over two years I almost chickened out... then I thought, "what would big Chuck do???" and I launched into some fairly successful port forwards :D Almost sailed out of one in the straps, but lost the exit..

Super stoked. Bring on the flat water Squamish joy on Sunday! I think the river should be clear of toxic waste.
AdrienGrelon

by Alton » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Humbled today at Spanish Banks. Started at the worst time (3pm) when the wind was super holey. Waisted 20 minutes attempting to waterstart on 10m+surfboard then eventually my kite fell out of the sky, crashed and inverted. Managed to body drag back to shore then waited until 5pm when the wind picked up again.

Second attempt was much easier waterstarting in W 20-25 gusting 30 - just had to body drag out to cleaner wind away from the shore. Super steep, closely spaced chest high ramps very challenging heading out strapless - exhausting trying to keep the board on your feet. Inbound wave rides were fast and so much fun. Gnarly gusty conditions, made it difficult to stay upwind riding strapless ended up near Locarno at the end of the day.

Huge crowd of kiters at Spanish Banks including Mike (first on the water), Faceplant, Francis, Rob W, Dave B, Angus and dozens more.

Jericho_Fri_Apr_17.gif
Jericho_Fri_Apr_17.gif (21.06 KiB) Viewed 6370 times
Alton

by Chuck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:
Jack1587 wrote:

I'll be there too!

Yup, awesome sunset sesh at Acadia!

Ramps were definitely lining up better for port jumping and having not thrown a port forward for probably over two years I almost chickened out... then I thought, "what would big Chuck do???" and I launched into some fairly successful port forwards :D Almost sailed out of one in the straps, but lost the exit..

Super stoked. Bring on the flat water Squamish joy on Sunday! I think the river should be clear of toxic waste.

:D :D :D

Well, Big Chuck had an awesome afternoon of Pokémon Trainers Gym (don't ask, but it's the bomb for 8-10 year olds ;) ) followed by violin ensemble pratice. Tried to sell my boys on a fun (well, for me :lol: ) afternoon at the beach, but no dice. Oh well, next time!

Stoked you threw down, A-man! Port forwards are the best!

Glad so many made it out, with luck there'll be some scraps in the am! Loved C36's OSR, can feel the mellow goodness of a great session afterglow :D
Chuck

by ShonanDB » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Got out for about 1.5 hours after work arriving at Acadia shortly after 4pm. Rigged my 5.9m and only had the 73L wave board but was fully powered for the first 5 or 6 runs and then the wind kind of shut off and I limped back in. Took a short break and it seemed to come back up again so I went back out for about an hour. The direction was slightly more West the second time out but at the end I found it almost WSW at times. Should have rigged down to my 5.3m but the lulls were not fun on the 73L even with the 5.9m. Nice waist high + rollers coming through with some breaking whitewater at times. Lots of fun linked turns on the faces and some decent port jumps to be had. Had dinner plans at 7:30 so I was off the water at 6PM. Great way to end the week!
ShonanDB

by Alton » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Michael wrote:Acadia was fun!! Nice wind and waves with lots of smiling faces afterwards!! It's been a long time since I've had a good Acadia sesh! Sailed at least 3 hours without a break totally exhausted.

Sounds like you had much better wind (exposure) at Acadia compared to Spanish Banks. Congrats to Michael, Dave/C36, Tony, Adrien and Darrell for scoring a great Acadia session. Lubo was ripping around down by Locarno.
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Alton wrote:Congrats to Michael, Dave/C36, Tony, Adrien and Darrell for scoring a great Acadia session. Lubo was ripping around down by Locarno.

Also Maryam, Norvin, Jen, Richi, Johnny, Amelia, Olivia, Emily, Isla, Ava,, Poppy,, Sophie, Jessica, Lily, Sophia, Mia, Ruby, Grace, Evie, Isabella, Ella, Freya, Chloe, Scarlett, and many more!
LeopardSkin

by Alton » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:Also Maryam, Norvin, Jen, Richi, Johnny, Amelia, Olivia, Emily, Isla, Ava,, Poppy,, Sophie, Jessica, Lily, Sophia, Mia, Ruby, Grace, Evie, Isabella, Ella, Freya, Chloe, Scarlett, and many more!

Nice
Alton

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR