Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Jericho Tuesday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Michael » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Roxstock wrote:Can anyone post an OSR for Jericho/SB.

I'm at Acadia, 15 knots now, Jerico looks better there are a few kites out one guy is on an 11
Michael

by Richi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Sweet day at jericho, sunny, warm and windy. :D

Unfortunately wasn't able to leave an osr in the morning as I forgot my phone at home. Thanks to Gabriel for noticing my sail bag on the dash and reporting for me. The conditions weren't spectacular at Acadia but enough to keep me going on a 93 and 5.6. It got boring with no one around so decided to go down wind and look for Alton and Mike at kite beach. The swell was actually better down there and a hair stronger as well. I kept going down wind to the sailing club, derigged and walked back to my car. 3 hours tow, not bad for conflicting forecasts.
Richi

by Alton » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Fun day at the Spanish Banks. Scored 2 hrs (11am-1pm) on 10m + surfboard in steady W 18-20 with a dozen more kiters. Nice waves upwind by the marker. Worked on gybes with fewer steps - got one in only 2 steps. Great hanging out with happy kiters Rob W, Sam, Mike, Dave, Brett, Chuck, Slappy and Richi (windsurfing).

Jericho_Mon_Apr_14.gif
Jericho_Mon_Apr_14.gif (18.89 KiB) Viewed 3833 times
Alton

by Michael » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Alton wrote:Fun day at the Spanish Banks. Scored 2 hrs (11am-1pm) on 10m + surfboard in steady W 18-20 with a dozen more kiters.
Glad you scored. It was more like 15 Knots at Acadia. Managed to get a few planing runs off of some of the bigger swell but that was it. Saw lots of kites down at Jericho and one guy on an 11M came up and sailed around Acadia for a while.
Michael

by Tony360 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Great lunchtime session at home on the North Shore. Well powered on 10m and surfboard. 3 other 10-12m kites out from 1 to 3 pm. Lots of wood debris in the water and an oil containment boom at Ambleside Pier that I steered well clear of. Otherwise no oil to be seen, on the beach or in the water.

Swell was a good size - head high on some sets, but disorganized. The sweet spot for waves today was between Lawson Pier and the new fisheries rock wall at Lawson Creek. Thanks to Shawn on the Ben Wilson Noise for finding the waves which I poached. :D

Too bad this wind at home is so rare. It was great to get an epic session right in my backyard.

Edit: Post-session feed at the new Taqueria on Welch Street. Tinga de Pollo with Habanero Salsa and Asada with Tomatillo Salsa. Great tacos, followed by gnarly heartburn. Going to London Drugs for some Tums.
Tony360

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR