Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Weekend Wind?

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Chris Klohn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Alton wrote:Wind coming from SW. Dave planing on 6.0/110L.

Cursed!!!!! Wind literally started to die ten minutes ago. I'm overnighting in LaConner and will hold out for tomorrow at 7am. This was as bad a skunking as driving to the gorge for me. Looks like Jordan River went off!!!!!
Chris Klohn

by Alton » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:39 pm

It was just a squall. Dave and Michael got some overpowered rides. That's it for me.
Alton

by Mike » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:09 pm

The Legend of Whidbey Island Wind continues... :)
Mike

by Chris Klohn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Hey Mike,

Don't know what the deal is with you guys and Whidbey. The trees grow sideways down there but we get skunked every time there is a great forecast and good wind coming down the Strait..............bad JuJu I guess :mrgreen:

I'm overnighting in LaConner with friends and will be in my wetsuit beach starting at first light if there's anything at all at Joseph Whidbey left in the morning. I'm going to try the west side of Bellingham Bay tomorrow on the drive home if the NE outflow happens in time.

Are you guys going to try Squamish tomorrow or hope for a NE at a Centennial before it gets too cold? Crazy flippin' hobby this windsurfing :roll:

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by Mike » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Dave also noticed the slant to the trees. I guess this only adds to the mystery of this legend as there is a curse :o

Lack of wind messes with the mind ;)
Mike

by Alton » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 pm

In retrospect, we should have followed G-Spot (morning quickie) and score a 2 hour dawn patrol session.
Alton

by C36 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:27 pm

A few sample shots from Joseph Whidbey State Park on Sunday December 1, 2013. There was some sweet pushy wind swell/waves, :) but not enough wind. :roll:

Got a few rides and dropped in on a few big swell. Easy to see this spot has potential (wind cranks up fast, as does the swell)! 8-)

FULL SIZE. No Flickr login? Try this
Last edited by C36 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C36

by Michael » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey guys read Kus's log for today's session and it might make you feel a bit better about getting skunked today. The last line kind of summed up my feelings about today.
Although I think Dave made a good point today and that this whole season has sucked bad, and it doesn't matter where we go. Just look at the amount of sessions we've logged at Centennial this fall, a big 0 since September!
http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/sailinglog_rec.php?mode=view&p=18721
Michael

by Chris Klohn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Mother Nature Is Cruel.........

Like you said Alton, 3 Hours of solid wind this morning 700am-1000am for the dawn patrol session. Just checked Smith and the Air Base and they've jumped to almost 30 knots..........in the dark. Looks like it will blow all night too with the way the pressure is setting up...............crap! Hope there's wind first thing in the am. I'll be on the water at 700am if it's 5.7 or less.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Klohn

by C36 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Michael wrote:Hey guys read Kus's log for today's session and it might make you feel a bit better about getting skunked today. The last line kind of summed up my feelings about today....http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/sailinglog_rec.php?mode=view&p=18721

Michael: In some strange way I found humour in that and it made me feel much better! Thanks Kus! :D ;)

C36 wrote:Alton: To my eye it looks like the models see the system (clearing west) passing through sooner now - daylight Sunday (thankfully). :D GFS Spotter/BWD seem to both show morning at White Rock and stronger morning at WI. The difference is it also seems to show a second afternoon push of west at WI that doesn't show at WR. :? If I was going to go down to WI, I would leave Sat night, sleep there and aim for dawn patrol on Sunday and then see how the day plays out. ;)

:?: Chris: what is your plan now?

:?: Anyone else other than Alton considering it? Michael? DB?

:idea: Now if Alton and Chris would just stop saying, "we should have been there earlier", I might, just might, be able to release the rest of the day without boiling over! :twisted: ;)
C36

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR